The Official Scrap yard challenge ride May 12th FOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
spencer13":2m8oc98u said:
that is nice if you want cantis you can have em vees should bolt straight on though

Thanks for that. Picking up the SRAM stuff later. Stripped off the Cantis (grips/gears on and off again :facepalm: )

if anybody need three quarters of lovely blue and silver anodised freshly polished (took hours) marin cantilever brakes and two stripped back and hand painted (Humbrol :p ) levers let me know.

Mrs HM has just been in the shed and says I can keep the Marin as she likes the colour! Giant has to go though. :mrgreen:

No sexist comments please!

I wouldn't mind the canti brakes and levers... but yes of course you can just pop on V brakes if you change the levers as well.

It's been a bit of a dog but I now have brakes. And very pretty they are too. I have too much mass and not enough courage to ride without them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 553
Coo, I see your lawn is growing like mad too.

I only did mine the weekend before last and I'm going to have to do it again Saturday.

Your dog looks a bit cross. Does he think the camera is his dinner, or did you have that in the other hand?

He has an overshot jaw. He's a rescue and can't help it. A lovely boy. Been too busy fettling and anyway, mrs HM cuts the lawn. Like to keep her occupied. ;)

Mummimac is a dab hand at planting stuff then leaving it to it's own devices, which usually means dying for a lack of water, or being eaten by the growing heard of deer that live in the woods behind the house. I do the lawn at the back, it got too expensive in dead lawn mowers when Mummimac did the job, plus I think the 'cut with a knife and fork' look is now out of favour with House and Homes.

Nice one on rescuing your dog. Kt walks dogs at the local RSPCA centre and has met some real characters.

Still looks like he's ready to strike mind... it's all in the eyes you know. Like this :twisted:

Watch him, he'll have your ankle as soon as look at you.

Off topic but..... We have four rescue hounds all softies as long as your part of the pack. If not, look out!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 538
Just got back from 12 miles on the Marin. Not usually subject to anthropomorphism but in this case I have to make an exception. 'Yogi' was amazing. Not a sound or slip. City Jets came this morning so had to see what road tyres were like. This is a really nice solid, smooth, simple and stately bicycle. Sadly after two days of fettling and forming an attachment, I feel it has become too precious to me to chuck it around the Verderers and risk breaking it.

Anyway, Bike £25 Brakes £10 Tyres £20.45 plus a couple of cable inners so call it just under £60 to resurrect this old Bear. (me or the bike?) It was under £40 to make it verderer ready.

Would you risk it?

Attachments

• Marin Finished web.JPG
    Marin Finished web.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 525
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back