1996 GT LTS-2

I like that, Racin' Snake! The bars I'm not sold on but the rest is awesome!

I'm expecting a bunch of parts through the next week so I will update as it happens.

My 'rider condition' 737 XT cranks copped a bit of a tart up with some Middleburn hardcoat rings, ano chainring bolts and self extractors.

20130114_170337.jpg

Anyone riding DH in the mid-90's will always have a soft spot for these... They are defo on my 'one day' list....

This is Steve Peat....

Attachments

• chris 364.jpg
    chris 364.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1,887
Getting a lot closer now!
I bought a Manitou SX Ti ('97?) from a gentleman in Norfolk on ebay, as a stand in fork while I source a Judy SL/DH for it, also picked up a CK nothreadset in black a bit more locally for a steal.

The Avid/739 brakes were temporary to test it...unfortunately this revealed that damping is a distant memory for the rear shock, which will be hard to rectify. However with the wheels on the deck it rides quite nicely, at least on my quick lap of the block this morning.

I'm waiting for a 31.8 M900 front derailleur to come from the states and for a pair of Magura Racelines to arrive, which will largely complete the bike.

I may change the tyres when bikediscount.de get some more Smoke Classics, and perhaps change to a Kore bar, post and stem when they come up.

20130126_130709.jpg

20130126_130749.jpg

20130126_130810.jpg

20130126_130730.jpg

20130126_130721.jpg

nice build. deserves a later xtr mech and better pedals if you ask me

It may get some M950, I have another frame in transit the M900 is meant for. I do have a few M737 XT derailleurs too. Pedals are just so I could take it for a spin in regular shoes, I have some 545s somewhere.

It's not finished by a long shot. Amongst other things I need to rebuild the shock, erk...

Well its all together now. I am chasing someone to rebuild the rear shock (failing that I will buy a Risse or Fox Float, I don't want to though!), and I need to bleed the rear brake up as I had to swap the brakes left/right and put a longer hose on the rear. I took the middleburn rings off as the shifting was atrocious, I think the gaps between chainring sizes (22,34,46) were too much.

20130220_215148.jpg

I might fit my Continental Montanas to it, anyone know what period they would be from? I'd never seen a set until I unearthed some NOS ones a few weeks back, look like a killer soft condition tyre.

Something else needs my XTR so this is going back to M563 LX (probably keep the XT crankset though, unless anyone has a tidy M56X LX crankset to swap for a slightly tatty M737 crankset?) and will have to get a new fork (being that the SX-Ti doesn't have a canti cable stop).

I just stumbled across this post while looking for a photo of a '96 LTS which I've pinched to help out another forum member (hope you don't mind!).

Even more interestingly, and HOLY S**T(!!), is that a R30 I can see?

Back