GT sizing...

The 18" 94 Karakoram frame has just arrived...so I will be checking the size tonight.

If it is wrong...then I will have a nice black, 18" Karakoram frame to sell :oops:

:cry: OK...I can officially confirm that the 18" is too small for a 6ft 2" type person. The measurements stack up on paper but the main difference with the GT vs say a Kona is the head tube. On the GT it is almost half the stack height so therefore has a big impact on the actual geometry of the frame. A real shame as I now have to re-sell my black 94 Karakoram

20"

i might have mentioned it before :D

...sorry to hear its too small. but yeah..as i said, the 18's and 19's do have really short head tubes, and consequently, really quite 'dumped' front ends....

tbh i think GT geometry is bad. that said...i still own plenty of them.... :shock:

Sorry to hear this. I was amazed at the difference between the steer tube length between my old kaput Hillside/Cove Stiffee and my new Zaskar 18". My solution so far has been to buy a passel of spacers to raise the bars to a reasonable level. It looks stupid, but rides ok and might be passable because I'm just building it up as a work bike. If I was building it retro it would really strain my old back. It may have provided really agressive race geometry BITD, but it certainly doesn't fit with my current condition and level of flexibility.

Back