Emmelle info?

When I got my 1989 Tufftrax and Beavis got his 1990 Palisades bitd a couple of lads we knew had 1989 Emmelle Dolomites. As mentioned they had mostly Mountain LX gear although I think they had a few down grades to Exage Country like my Tufftrax from memory. Very similar spec I seem to remember, even possibly down to the Deore thumbies. They had a redish/purple/black marble effect paint job.

Beavis and me used to lord it over the Emmelle riders as our bikes cost a bit more (£360/70 for ours, £320? for theirs) so were obviously better. They then chopped the Emmelle's in for a 1990 Alpinestars Cro-Mega DX and Al-Mega XT which put us back in our box. :oops: :LOL:

brocklanders023":1q5ujq8v said:
When I got my 1989 Tufftrax and Beavis got his 1990 Palisades bitd a couple of lads we knew had 1989 Emmelle Dolomites. As mentioned they had mostly Mountain LX gear although I think they had a few down grades to Exage Country like my Tufftrax from memory. Very similar spec I seem to remember, even possibly down to the Deore thumbies. They had a redish/purple/black marble effect paint job.

Beavis and me used to lord it over the Emmelle riders as our bikes cost a bit more (£360/70 for ours, £320? for theirs) so were obviously better. They then chopped the Emmelle's in for a 1990 Alpinestars Cro-Mega DX and Al-Mega XT which put us back in our box. :oops: :LOL:

Do you remember if they were the double U Dolomites?

CArl.

So anyone got a picture of the smoke Dolomite?? Had no idea mine was the pick of the bunch! (just knew it wasn't a saramarispeshfox)

drcarlos":2f1mormu said:
brocklanders023":2f1mormu said:

Do you remember if they were the double U Dolomites?

CArl.

Can't say for sure but I think they were canti's front and back. Defo not double U, maybe rear U but probably canti's all round.

Emmelle were complete load of shit,
Had one for about a month, got money back as forks bent right back and frame was bent too.
Got a Raleigh Massif instead.

had 2 back in the day, a Cortina and a Cougar I think. 100GS on 1, 200GS on the other. Can't remember which way round. Would have been 90/91? I liked them, but but were stolen when only months old. Replaced the last one with my Topanga with 300LX, before the upgrades began.

I have an Emmelle Classic Aluminium 200 in dayglo yellow which is actually a reasonable bike and looks great. I've never seen another, the components suggest it is about 1990. My boy rides an Emmelle Slammer which is a bit heavy, but he likes it.

Here's a 'team' model, can't really see if frame/parts any good (rear mech looks cheap) but it looks interesting
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewit ... 1934897209
KGrHqJrYFE370QwzBRhklVIHw60_1_zps13445db6.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back