1997 Santa Cruz Heckler: Updated Page 16

Re: SANTA CRUZ Heckler: update 13 march

Won the z1 forks on ebay this afternoon for 50 quid! Fingers crossed now on the condition untill they arrive :D they look pretty tidy, but the description lacks somewhat in pictures and description

Sean

ive bought Xtm740 levers and shifter, which go nicely with the XTR m950 brakes and rear mech i had before :)

Sean

Attachments

• DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 732
  • DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 732
Re: SANTA CRUZ Heckler: FINISHED... For Now ;)

The Heckler is FINISHED! im still waiting on my z1's to arrive but they got sent to the wrong house, and the guy who has them is being a pain in the arse to put it nicely ;)

otherwise the bike is finished :)

Frame: '97/'98 Santa Cruz Heckler 18"

Fork: 1998 Pace RC36

Headset: Tange
Stem: Azonic Shorty 70mm
Handlebar: Azonic Double Wall Riser Bar
Grips: sunline
Barends: X-lite

Brakes: Shimano XTR m950
Brake Levers: Shimano XT m740

Shifters: Shimano XT m740
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR m950
Cassette: Shimano XTR m950
Chain: Shimano HG
Cranks: Raceface Turbine
Chainrings: Azonic 26t DH ring
Crank bolts: Zero Zippy period self extracting bolts
Bottom Bracket: Tange
Pedals: Shimano DX sealed

Hub Skewers: Hope
Rims: Mavic x221
Hubs: Hope TI-Glide
Tyres: IRC Bear Trail 2.25"
Tubes: Specialized & Continental

Saddle: Charge Spoon
Seatpost: Ritchey
Seatpost Binder: RB? Unsure

SEANSTEPHENS":10v1p9ri said:
these are the forks i have my eye on, the description is a bit vague but the bike they came from looks quite well maintained so im going to take that chance and just assume they work okay for now :? they look pretty tidy for the age, a bit grubby but nothing some tlc and touch up paints couldnt sort. i think they would look ace on the santa cruz

im still waiting on my z1's to arrive but they got sent to the wrong house, and the guy who has them is being a pain in the arse to put it nicely

it seems like the guy who has my forks is being a D***head about it and is keeping the marzocchi's with no intention of sending them back to the seller or forward to me. the seller has involved the police but nothing seems to be happening and he's getting arsey with me as well. i have my money back so ive just decided to cut my losses, which is a shame as i think they would have been perfect for this bike.

anyway im still after a pair of period bombers so if anyone has any they would like to sell, then get in touch. we can possibly do a deal with the paces if you wanted.

Sean

Re: SANTA CRUZ Heckler: 1st May Update

tonedeaf101":ebzca289 said:
Looking good. Shame a twat had to spoil your intended build.

Cheers mate, and yeah I know its a pain in the ass but unfortunately there's not much I can do

Re: SANTA CRUZ Heckler: 13th May Picture Update pg8

Update: 13/5/2013

ive bought these marzocchi Z2 off the forum, they are only 80mm travel which ideally is a bit short, but im sure they will tidy up quite nice with a bit of tlc. so i will probably use them as a temporary fork, either that or keep them for a while and get some matching red ano bits for the bike :? Still keeping an eye out for a nice set of Z1's though!!

sean

Attachments

• z2.jpg
    z2.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 566
Re: SANTA CRUZ Heckler: 11th May Picture Update pg8

coming along nicely...!

really must make a thread for my o/h's 97 heckler..

i ran it (when i rode it a couple of times before she stole it..!) with both 80mm and 100mm marzocchi's and it handled nicely with both forks.. 80mm felt better as a general trail bike.. but the 100mm Z1's and slacker head angle felt nicer on the downhills!

those bombers look more like 60mm travel versions to me though.. but could be the photo angle?

Back