What's this then? 80's Italian Lugged Steel

Antstark

Gold Trader
Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
Ok...so I know what it is ..its a Daccordi MTB...its got loads of decals that tell me that.....but wondering if anyone knows anything about them....age, tubing etc.

I am guessing from the Konaesque splatter paint job it's got to be late 80s. The crank on it was a shimano biopace FC B124....which I think pre dates MT60 (Deore) ....so maybe 1986/7. The rest of the kit was mis-matched but definately 88/89...

The roady hertitage is obvious in the design and its got some really nice details on the BB shell - "Mountain Climber" pressed in.

A quick google search revealed this other beauty..but thats all I can find. :(
http://www.flickr.com/photos/schwar/with/2042311504/#photo_2042311504

Surprisingly for an 80s bike its not the size of a barn door.....which unfortunatley means it wont fit me....so what to do with it ??

Pics below :D

Attachments

• Photo15P4200179.jpg
    Photo15P4200179.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 812
  • Photo12P4200176.jpg
    Photo12P4200176.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 810
  • Photo5P4200169.jpg
    Photo5P4200169.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 809
  • Photo23P4200187.jpg
    Photo23P4200187.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 810
  • Photo4P4200168.jpg
    Photo4P4200168.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 811
Reactions: CTK
Antstark":1tx0on1c said:
Yip....about that.... seat tube not down tube tho :D

doh :facepalm:

so how much <22.5 for TOP tube ?

what threads in the BB ? seat pin dia ? headset size ?

you know you'll going to need all this for when you do as a project :D

I'll get my tape measure out. :D

Threads should be Italian obviously .....but they are English as it had a left handed thread on the drive side. Headset is 1". Seat post is 27mm

I wont be building up though...its too small for me and I have a growing queue of unfinished projects to get done :oops:

daugs":3ahsiplk said:
Antstark":3ahsiplk said:
Yip....about that.... seat tube not down tube tho :D

doh :facepalm:

so how much <22.5 for TOP tube ?

what threads in the BB ? seat pin dia ? headset size ?

you know you'll going to need all this for when you do as a project :D

Anyone got any other info ?

Not quite sure what to do with tbh....so will probably see its way to the FS section shortly.

thnx

Ant :D

Well the other one looked to be built out of Oria tubing nice Italian road tubing, imagine this may well be the same stuff :D

It is a real beaut Ant :D Pity it is too small for you :( Daft question for an 80's ATB/MTB frame but how heavy does it feel :?: ;)

I really really like it :D

Hi...I think this one is built out of the same stuff.

For an 80s frame it is surprisingly light ....not super light by any means ...but wasnt the dead weight i was expecting it to be. :D I will get it on the scales when i get home and also take some measurements.

Up for sale at the weekend. :D

kermitgreenkona88":y7twzbz8 said:
Well the other one looked to be built out of Oria tubing nice Italian road tubing, imagine this may well be the same stuff :D

It is a real beaut Ant :D Pity it is too small for you :( Daft question for an 80's ATB/MTB frame but how heavy does it feel :?: ;)

I really really like it :D

Back