The Official Scrap yard challenge ride May 12th FOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
NeilM":3q9xjx1x said:
By the looks of it, we are going to be few, unless there has been some undercover purchasing going on.

As you can see, Kt has picked her bike up, and according to the phone call her mum took before tea "it weighs a f'kin ton", so, same as the rest of us then.

Jon's initial enthusiasm for the idea has waned with a resurgence of road riding interest (1000k during April :shock: ), so he won't be along.

good lad jon, let,s leave the old and slow ( neil, yes you are both ) to play in the woods

NeilM":77ukzst1 said:
21lbs! Are you SURE?

That's pretty light, I thought 31 or maybe 41 ;)

SUCH a Dad joke. GROAN... I don't have the facility to weigh it other than using Argos scales which cost £3 so they will probably say it weighs somewhere between 15 and 96lbs depending on the day.

NeilM":77ukzst1 said:
BTW, your Hahanna that you rode the Verderers on weighed around 30lbs.

Yep, my second time on a mountain bike in a year and a half! The Iron Maiden was clearly good training, although bad for self-esteem as you mongrels on your bikes made of air rode off into the distance.

KatieMacK":n8ww9uoa said:
The Iron Maiden was clearly good training, although bad for self-esteem as you mongrels on your bikes made of air rode off into the distance.

:oops:

Gotta love that Zaskar :twisted:

Help!!!
just stripped the thread on this bolt and presently have no back brakes :facepalm:

Could get enough pressure on to stop the pads moving on braking so tightened it up a bit more and...bugger.

What do i do now?

Can a set of v brakes drop straight on? appreciate will have to change lever also if this is the only solutionl

(Marin Bear Valley SE)

Attachments

• 2013-05-01 12.16.00.jpg
    2013-05-01 12.16.00.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 522
I reckon you need the relevant section from a scrap canti brake to insert into yours, I'm afriad

spike3":2tq4h1xr said:
I reckon you need the relevant section from a scrap canti brake to insert into yours, I'm afriad

Can I just stick on V brakes and levers as have just been offered some!!!!

Fettling brakes surely that's against the rules:) I've got a pair of suntour xc pro rear cantis if you want em think they might even be nos

spencer13":yuse7iyr said:
Fettling brakes surely that's against the rules:) I've got a pair of suntour xc pro rear cantis if you want em think they might even be nos

At present I have nothing and want to keep this as its too nice to trash. If you object to my fettling I shal bring my second string £25 no extras Giant!!!

will v brakes just swap on? (with levers etc)

being offered : SRAM 9.0 Composite Levers and 7.0 V Brakes with cables etc?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back