The Official Scrap yard challenge ride May 12th FOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shall have the air rescue on speed dial! Cables are all moving and rust free now. Only thing I needed was a rear gear inner for a couple of quid so could have not mentioned it but I'm honest if nothing else. Still in bits after about 8 hours of cleaning and freeing up everything. I have to say it is coming up quite nicely.

I plan to keep this; can you swap the crappy grip shift things for thumb shifters without doing anything else or is it more complex? Have to say I prefer the ones on the MF.

Other than that will keep as standard with Schwalbe city jets as my road bike. Lets hope it survives the verderers!

I haver a Bear Valley SE, was my commuter for nearly a year, they're very stable bikes with racks and slicks. Gear wise you can just switch the shifters as long as you get shimano ones. For £25 you did very well there.

Just collected mine. It made my arms ache just lifting it into the car! It's sat out in the garden now where it will stay until it's time to ride him! His name is Cecil

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 579
By the looks of it, we are going to be few, unless there has been some undercover purchasing going on.

As you can see, Kt has picked her bike up, and according to the phone call her mum took before tea "it weighs a f'kin ton", so, same as the rest of us then.

Jon's initial enthusiasm for the idea has waned with a resurgence of road riding interest (1000k during April :shock: ), so he won't be along.

21 of your finest English pounds for Cecil. I haven't really inspected him very closely yet but I am feeling confident.

The man I bought him from was so sweet. He told me a little story about how he'd sold another bike to someone with the same surname as me the other day and asked me if there was any relation. I said there wasn't and I was surprised there were more MacKinnon's living in this part of the world. Then he said 'ENJOY!' in a really chirpy voice. I didn't have the heart to tell him the abuse it would soon suffer!

NeilM":3t13pcab said:
Jon's initial enthusiasm for the idea has waned with a resurgence of road riding interest (1000k during April :shock: ), so he won't be along.

He's so flaky. In that case, lift share? I will pay for the bridge/parking/coffee, or a combination. These are the luxuries of taking your daughter with you as opposed to your son. Plus, I make my own lunch :roll:

21lbs! Are you SURE?

That's pretty light, I thought 31 or maybe 41 ;)

BTW, your Hahanna that you rode the Verderers on weighed around 30lbs.

My marin weighs 24.4lbs :mrgreen:
So paid just over a £ a lb.
Just painted brake levers with humbrol matt black model paint. :LOL: no cost option!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back