courier delivery

DegsUk":2x7vn6al said:
Paisley freight are reasonable £23 through eBay (nectar points too ) or £21 through the home page

True and they take a full sized bike box. BUT pretty sure its not insured

Barneyballbags":2mn5i7xf said:
I should have mentioned that I now use http://www.senditnow.com to send things such as complete bikes. They are a subsiduary of Parcel Force and they just go by weight, so the size of the box doesn't matter (within reason). I've sent various bikes of varying sizes with them and I've never had a problem.

If you choose their 48 hour service (about £13), they usually deliver it next working day if they can too ;)
Boxes are same as parcelforce ie should not have one side over 1.5m and 3m in total circumferance. Hard to fit a bike in a frame sized box. Although you and many seem to have been ok with larger boxes, assume you just put in smaller when ordering?

coomber":32fbpwqo said:
Barneyballbags":32fbpwqo said:
I should have mentioned that I now use http://www.senditnow.com to send things such as complete bikes. They are a subsiduary of Parcel Force and they just go by weight, so the size of the box doesn't matter (within reason). I've sent various bikes of varying sizes with them and I've never had a problem.

If you choose their 48 hour service (about £13), they usually deliver it next working day if they can too ;)
Boxes are same as parcelforce ie should not have one side over 1.5m and 3m in total circumferance. Hard to fit a bike in a frame sized box. Although you and many seem to have been ok with larger boxes, assume you just put in smaller when ordering?

I've never had to enter the box dimensions, only the weight.

I once had a bike delivered to me using senditnow, and the box had a sticker on it saying that it exceeded their maximum dimensions. It still got delivered though, although I'm not sure whether I'd have been covered by their insurance.

Used ParcelMonkey to send a high value (£1200), non cycling (the wife's wedding dress) item to Rotterdam recently, in a box that was only marginally smaller than a bike box, and fully insured, tracked delivery was something like £38

Admittedly they did use weight and dimensions, but even so, I was HUGELY impressed

G

Barneyballbags":1ko9r1u8 said:
DO NOT, EVER, WITHOUT EXCEPTION, USE YODEL

They are the single most inept, incapable, shower of sh*t excuse of a courier company I have ever had the misfortune to use.

Unless, of course, you count "good service" as physically running over a bike and then taping it all back up in the hope I won't know, and then REFUSING to pay me a penny in compensation because I couldn't prove it was them who ran it over...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You would have more luck putting your bike in a Trebuchet and launching it in the general direction of where you want it to end up. I would bet on it arriving quicker and in better condition than if you let the Yodel circus anywhere near it.

I second this!!! I could add even more swear words about them too but I won't....!

I was just comparing prices between Parcel Monkey and Parcel Force - comes out as the same price so may as well just go to the post office tomorrow. Would be nice to find a courier firm who can pick up in the evenings and not charge the earth too.

Latest posts

Back