Kuwahara Pacer

Woodyuk

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just finished my Kuwahara Pacer Steel frame with Hope hubs and Sun rims and XT components
It is a great ride and I am eventually going to add side racks to the front and back to get some touring in...

Attachments

• DSC_5159.JPG
    DSC_5159.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 2,872
  • DSC_5162.JPG
    DSC_5162.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 2,866
  • DSC_5161.JPG
    DSC_5161.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 2,866
  • DSC_5160.JPG
    DSC_5160.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 2,873
Nice.. I had a beautiful Red, White, Blue Kuwahara back in the day. Never knew what the model name was, it was my first mtb new frame that I bought new. Bent the down tube on a nasty downhill. Stored in the folk's basement on top of the freezer to be fixed someday. My mother tossed it in the trash.. along with a nice World Class Ti BB that was in it.. :cry:

Very nice! I've got a 20 year old Pacer, but it has the pink and black livery. Also is the Deore XT groupset the original specification as mine only has the Deore groupset.

Edit: I've just realised that yours does have Deore, it just seems to be the later chemically blacked version. I notice that you still have the "love or hate them" Biopace chainrings though!

Hi

I am pretty sure Shimano DX was the original set up for a Kuwahara Pacer.
I just bought the frame then built it up with components I had at the time.
They are great frames ...fast and light and the paint work is brilliant
Now on the look out for a high pacer but they are not easy to come by....

The original Pacer setup was LX (1990,1991,1992), DX was for the Hi-Pacer and 1991-X-Pacer.

Another custom setup for a 1991-Pacer with Campagnolo Record OR/Road...

Attachments

• Kuwahara 01.jpg
    Kuwahara 01.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 2,622
Very nice pacer I was planning on building mine up with drop bars ....now I have seen this I am tempted to swap over maybe when the winter comes

I must have a very early version then as mine is fitted with the Deore groupset that existed before Shimano introduced the LX/DX variants.

Back