Aviemore National Meet Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At a later date I wouldn't mind using An Lochan Uaine as a camping spot :shock:

Attachments

• mg_7275.jpg
    mg_7275.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 329
best pub would be the Old Bridge Inn at the very south end of Aviemore, bout a 5min walk heading out of aviemore, just after the wee chippie/indian as you head south then cros road to head to Coylumbridge/rothiemurchus.

the other one is the cairngorm hotlel bar again at the south end of Aviemore.

both decent boozers, the cairngrom does get a bit busy with tourists so would suggest the old bridge is better and has braw area for standing/drinking ootside of a balmy May evening!

having done the ryovan loop it is a cracker, the rothiemurchus/ lairg gruh and loch einach loop is also stunning with the cairngorms as a backdrop.

i've got bikemaps.co.uk maps of most of the rides in the area so fingers crosse dwe should be ok for staying on route although hte abernethy forest is easy to take the wrong turning!

canna wait for this one like.

Hmmm - Looks like I can't get there before Saturday evening at the earliest. Will know nearer the weekend. Still happy to come if possible for the Sunday run as its only 2 hours away :D

Will see wot develops :D

Jamiedyer":1wdedkrp said:
Deja vu!
I like these places ;)

Aye, me an aw. ;)

IMAG0155.jpg

IMAG0153.jpg

Started the process of getting somewhere to camp at Rothiemurchus Camp and Caravan Park.
I think I passed through a time portal to those halcyon days of my youth pre internet.
To book you must print off an equiry/booking form and fill it out then post or fax it back to them :shock:
How refreshing, no internet booking system, a campsite properly off grid :D
Think i just rocked up last time without booking and found a patch of forest once I'd paid my dues. Great campsite as i recall, i camped on a wee island between rivers :cool:

Last time we went 2yrs ago we just phoned and booked.

Willl prob take our main 4man tent an tarpaulin incase it rains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back