Emmelle info?

velomaniac":1l1xqp53 said:
That the pink and white cortina XL, looks quite reasonable spec ?

I found that too, collection only so might be a bit far from SP (could be wrong though). That's the model below the Dolomite with Exage Trail fitted.

Carl.

Nah, a different one. I'm keeping it a secret because I've spotted the first generation thumbshifters and they're worth a bob or two!

SP

Emmelle were regarded a the best of the dross, whichever saying much. Mind you Townsend could teach them a lesson in crapness that would make even Captivating owners wince.

Splatter Paint":3iw2q12u said:
Nah, a different one. I'm keeping it a secret because I've spotted the first generation thumbshifters and they're worth a bob or two!

SP

You gave the game away there ;) I changed my search and found a later Dolomite XL frame in a pinky colour too.

Carl.

Dolomites came in Mountain LX groupset aparently but mine will get whatever I pull out of the parts bin. Likely a mix of Suntour/Sachs Mailard/Shimano :roll:

I got a Falcon BITD as I saw so many Emmelle's come through the bike shop I worked in at the time that were complete excrement that it put me off the brand entirely (IIRC some of them came with chromed steel rims?).

My Falcon had Reynolds 500 (was told that's straight-gauge 501?) tubes, came with very basic 18-speed gears that I soon upgraded to a mix of Deore and LX as, even after staff discount, a humble spanner monkey like I was at the time could afford no better.

My first MTB was a Cortina XL and it was very good for the money, full shimano kit, frame was well made and decent tubing. Shame I was pursuaded to buy a 21" frame by the bike shop "you'll grow into it" :facepalm:
I have looked for another for a long time but never found anything.
It was as good as a Spesh Hardrock a friend had at the time, it was just the name that people didn't like.
Their later efforts just got worse unfortunately.

Latest posts

Back