Food shopping in Aldi

I love Aldi, we used to do a full three week shop (there's five of us) and usually the bill was around £220.. Any other Supermarket, you could add probably £80 to that figure.

I like the relative lack of variety, who need 25 different coffees to choose from when you can get a big shop like that to the till in twenty minutes...

As for the packing regime, I tried the pack as you go method and found that overall you are better flinging it all back in the trolley(s) and sorting it out at your leisure on the back shelf. That way you can pack in a way that saves you the additional time back home...

I miss going now - we got lazy and started the Asda home shopping mullarkey...

LIDL is the poor mans Aldi,

I have been an Aldi convert for about 5 years now and just love the place. I love how they have all the tools gadgets and gizmos down the centre aisles too .

For fruit and veg it rocks, i would also say it keeps longer better than the big supermarkets as it goes from field to shelves so much quicker.

Their chocolate is amazing too, proper european (like swiss) choc which i prefer to the english cadbury crap.

I tend to seer clear of their meat and frozen stuff but there are a few gems.

I have noticed prices going up over recent months though as they get a bigger market share.

im a coffee freak and their finest range ethiopian stuff or whatever it is beats any other supermarket imo, Their Java is hardcore strong , £2 for coffee that elsewhere costs £4

i love you aldi

Why no love for Aldi meat? I'm on a steak a day now :D £ 3 for a steak £3 for a full chickin suits you sir

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 127
Back