Bike ID - Boulanger?

al-onestare

BoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Morning all - the old RB-look-out-for-potential-projects eye has been checking this out in the work car-park for the last month or so. But, what is it? Any ideas? Is it any good?

dsc0168zy.jpg

dsc0167uv.jpg

dsc0166av.jpg

dsc0165kp.jpg

Lot's of nice fillet brazed bits, chromed rear end, 70's/80's Campy kit...it's straight and true from what I can tell and the paintwork is in good, but dusty, condition.

Boulanger means baker in french . It is alos a current last name in France , so most probably from france .

Zut alors. Voulez-vous de buerre?

I can't find anything on the net about Boulanger bikes from France...mysterious. Do any of our cousins over the stream have any clues or ideas?

There is Fred Baker in Bristol? 'boulanger' could be someone's little joke- TA chainset, Huret gears?... just a theory.

There could just as easily be a town in France somewhere with a bike shop called boulanger. Check the stem and seatpost diameters to see if they are French!

Good calls. I'll get the tape measure out tomorrow. I've left a note it for the owner cause I'm curious and I like it! I'll take some more shots as well.

Ok, so it's a 53cm frame or 53cm from the bottom of the BB to the top of the seat tube and has a 53.5cm top tube (approx). So it's too small for me but I still like it a lot! The circumference of the seat-post is 85mm and about 70mm for the stem which looks like a "normal" old threaded one to me.

From the limited access I have I can't make out any framemakers stamps BUT the BB shell is stamped with 51...so could this be a small batch from a little known frame builder somewhere in France?

It's got a right mixture of old and new kit (Shimano Ultra 600, Huret).

Answers on a postcard because I'm baffled!

dsc0181ybq.jpg

dsc0182ph.jpg

Back