Scooter/Motorbike recommendations for a novice

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
My dream bike from when I was 17 went past me today - a Cagiva Mito, the little 916 looking one - awesome!

Not sure that they would be in your price range, but they're sexy!

Edit - Talking of sexy, there are some Aprilia RS125s on biketrader in your price range...

I had a Cagiva Supercity my nephew was using to learn on. It was a flyer de-ristricted, 33 odd BHP, and proper brakes, etc. Same Mito engine, just geared slightly shorter. I was building wooden houses at the time with a partner, and we lugged all the materials in my lorry. Kept the Cagiva in the back so I could nip home along the windy roads. Truly phenomenal bike in every respect, water cooled and high revving. Hanker after one now, so much lighter than my usual rides. Mind you I am hankering after a 500 Gamma as well. Prices say I won't be having one anytime soon.

£700 buys you a nice bike with MOT and tax, I wouldn't bother with something you would have to trailer home to start with.

:)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
That is for cars. :)

Just about any minor drop on an old bike can C it.

Check the bars are straight. I once sold a bike I had spent lots of time cleaning up and painting after it had been dropped and ridden through lots of forest. So proud I was that I had extinguished all evidence of misdemeanour's, knowing them to be slight and looking much worse than they were. Forgot to straighten the bars.

Buyer, "Been off then, looking at the bars."

"Yes. Yes it has. Now you can knock me down because I never mentioned it."

Back