Retrobike National MTB Series 2013 - Long Mynd - AFTERMATH

Re: Retrobike National MTB Series 2013 - Long Mynd - AFTERMA

Another top day out in what is becoming my favourite part (and certainly most Westerly) of the East Midlands. Credit to Rob and all the other East Midlands lads who made this event happen.

Good to see both old and new faces and get in some genuinely good riding. The Bridges pub also has to be one the the finest mid ride rest stops on any ride I've attended (only one which is better is perhaps Edale cafe pre-gentrification). That penultimate descent off the Mynd was a cracker.

Great pics thus far, keep them coming, seem to be plenty shooting yesterday.

Just had an email from an individual identifying himself only as 'the tank owner' who is complaining about his bench. Anyone know anything about this?

Looks like a good turnout, sorry to have missed this one, a stag do in Liverpool took priority, keep me in mind if you do a regional ride round there later in the year ;)

Looks like a grand day out was had by all.

Could anyone point me in the direction of details of the route that was covered? I'll be up that way in the summer...

Cheers

I've a GPS log of the ore-lunch part of the ride. Had to head back early so skipped the afternoons fun.

Attempted Mustache":3g2fvlt8 said:
Looks like a grand day out was had by all.

Could anyone point me in the direction of details of the route that was covered? I'll be up that way in the summer...

Cheers

You have pm.

Rob

:D .....a fantastic day from meeting spence and stu at 8 am, to saying goodbye to them at 8 pm!.....great weather, almost dry and dusty apart from cow poo gulley at the end (about 2kg of it is sat behind me as i type!).....the route was great rob, particularly the last third with the grind up to the trig point and descent shortly afterwards being foremost in my memory......will pop my picks up later.

great company as ever, good nosh, stonking views thanks to it being so clear.

andy, ring me if you want to know where to look to see snowdon, ok?....

1 knackered bench....

....and a tank.... :shock:

I dont know where to start with my complaints. A special thanks must go out to rob for giving my legs there worst nightmare.

where do i start with the pain i feel in my legs , my arms, my chest, my toes even hurt and i am sure i have gone greyer on my head, i haven't even got down to below where im sure i have bruised balls from that saddle, and i think i have lost me voice from trying to explain the pain i was going through.

fit people take note, i drink shag and smoke which dont go down well with cycling up hill, in fact i think the downhills hurt.

Thanks goes out to every body for dealing with my pain which = moaning. Thanks pete for enlighting me on the most silliest of handlebars i have ever seen and also i must thank the man who i see every ride but can never remember his name for informing me quite deeply about where snowdon was when all i wanted to really know was where the pub was.

thanks john for just being there with your usual sarcasm to help me on my way and i think the tank was awesome, if he is selling i could put that on me drive with the british flag. I would thank spence but he just climbed without losing breath and had nice wheels, but the guy on the giant just needs killing the way he rode those hills, i mean come on bunny hopping on climbs is just wrong, i will use the race card on him next time.

I would also like to thank drystonepaul for his usaul shitness, i mean he was about as useful as a pimp without bitches to sell. I wont even mention the guy with the punctures he need a workshop to carry around with him but hey shit happens, (like me having to climb hills).

All in All a good day you owe me 2 stickers, and if i make to aviemore then you just know there has to be a big presentation. front page news that will be

thanks andy
PS I nearly forgot andy b who i should more than thank for getting me up most them hills and who had to endure my moaning at point blank range

...and the potty mouth of the day award goes to...

drystonepaul":28slm7fc said:
...and the potty mouth of the day award goes to...

You have 60 miles of potty if what you say is true about the road run next week lol

talking of potty mouth i must apologise to spence for having to go through the ordeal of the conversation about the intruder and pat, you know what johns like he gets a bit rude

thanks andy

Back