Upright Bike Storage?

caleebra

Dirt Disciple
'lo folks.

One of the few silver linings about having to completely change out our central heating system is that the boiler is now in the loft and I have managed to dibs the old boiler cupboard for storing "man stuff."

It looks ideal dimensions for storing my bike gear and my Canyon if I can find a way of propping it upright on the back wheel. Anyone done this before?

Anything to be wary of with brake/shock fluids sitting at funny angles for long periods of time?

I have my lot stored upright.

I don't know about brake fluid, but I store all my oil damped suspension bikes facing down, to keep the oil at the bottom of the stanchion.

The hooks are available from Halfords.

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

I do the same as Neil above, again, keep any open bath FS bikes nose-down. I have no idea what to do with full sus, but there again, don't own one...

If the seals are in perfect condition, it's no problem. I however had a Reba leak through a very shallow scratch on the inner stanchion.
I bought the fork for a project, put it in a plastic bag and laid it flat under my workbench. Imagine my surprise when I opened the bag a month later to find that the fork was drained and the bag full of oil.

Bottom line : hanging a suspension bike nose up is a good way to check the condition of the fork.

Sweet. Well sadly my FS bike is a bit of a shelf queen so the forks should be scratch and leak free. Hopefully change that come the summer months!

Back