The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
espresso31":2fxawg0b said:
I have a GT Karakoram Elite I bought new in 1993 in Germany. It still looks almost as good as new - no damage, blemishes, works as it should. I wonder how much was it worth - if I get enough I might sell it and regret it immediately. The only things not original are the grips, saddle (Brooks) - I threw away the original one last year (was still new), the brake pads, the tires - please excuse the rack - will be removed... there is one on e-bay and it is priced at 800$ - that's a bit high for my taste. What would be a realistic price and is there a market for vintage GTs?

Hi. Welcome to the site. Best bet is to see what the other sells for. Doubt $800 though. Estimate would be £200-250 max here In Uk

i wasnt expecting anyone to say more than £50 lol, its the clamp thats rusty, its the worst bit on it, its tidy realy for age, will bung it on ebay for a laff i think see what it gos for

So as advised, I have done a search but cannot find any reference to the original 1993 Jamis Diablo.

The bike is specified pretty much exactly as described in bikepedia:

http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/Bike ... &Type=bike

I have had this since new, its been ridden (but not hard) until very recently and is in good used (original) condition.

Does anyone have a view as to how much this bike is worth?

Thanks in advance

Ian

storey":rmqwz9lw said:
So as advised, I have done a search but cannot find any reference to the original 1993 Jamis Diablo.

The bike is specified pretty much exactly as described in bikepedia:

http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/Bike ... &Type=bike

I have had this since new, its been ridden (but not hard) until very recently and is in good used (original) condition.

Does anyone have a view as to how much this bike is worth?

Thanks in advance

Ian
Pictures please my man, can't really value it without seeing it's condition

hi everyone this has been my much loved lavadome from new and has been through many different phases over the years. it even had shocks and v-brakes once :shock:
it has just had a full overhaul with new cables, sunrace chain and 7spd cassette. as you can see it has gained a few trick additions over the years and now has...

1989 xt front and rear mechs, cantis, thumbies and levers
lx cranks and pedals
mavic rims on lx hubs
caramel wildgrippers both fronts but as new
USE post and flite saddle
ringle cage
unknown stem and amoeba ti bars with onza bar ends and grips
odyssey headset
USE ti spin stix although the front wont work with the project 2's so have an allen key skewer

not sure whether to sell complete or break up? REALLY don't want to sell but need money for vet's bills after our cat decided to crawl into my van's engine bay yesterday morning :(

pictures show it unfinished, but it's all done now and rides lovely

Pretty tricky to say and this is just my 2 pence, but because it's custom to you parts wise I think you would be better off splitting, since, in my experience anyway, the older the MTB the more likely folk are looking for catalogue / original spec's.

In the current guise £125-175 would be the ball-park. Splitting, frame and forks in good nick go for £75-125.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back