Argghhh!! The Polish panto butcher has bought a DRILL

Hey Richard, fancy going halves on one of these? :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTbD5Olxw_E[/youtube]

Actually, you could search laser engraving and find a local company.

Robbie,

Certainly i am in - £10 be enough? Mr Raleigh might contribute £10 too - so if the machine is around £30 we are in business.

It looks like a good machine but from what i have been told lasers do not go deep enough although saying that i suppose they could keep repeating their path to deepen a cut - cost is the prickly issue amd i wonder if a panto of 0.2mm costing £100 would increase in price as it gets deeper - which is too expensive.

Pondering on..

Richard

TGR":3kp6xnho said:
Robbie,

Certainly i am in - £10 be enough? Mr Raleigh might contribute £10 too - so if the machine is around £30 we are in business.

It looks like a good machine but from what i have been told lasers do not go deep enough although saying that i suppose they could keep repeating their path to deepen a cut - cost is the prickly issue amd i wonder if a panto of 0.2mm costing £100 would increase in price as it gets deeper - which is too expensive.

Pondering on..

Richard

I've just had a response from a local company who do a lot of laser engraving, I asked them about doing a Dura Ace stem.

"Sorry, my machine is not suitable for this sort of work."

Back to the drawing board :(

Robbie,

Interesting reply - real pantograph (and not laser etching etc) is the real deal, and a company who did it could make money - not millions but enough, other companies who use other means will not want me moaning that the depth is not right,

So, is £10 enough or should i contribute £11?

Richard

TGR":2dahp5di said:
Robbie,

Interesting reply - real pantograph (and not laser etching etc) is the real deal, and a company who did it could make money - not millions but enough, other companies who use other means will not want me moaning that the depth is not right,

So, is £10 enough or should i contribute £11?

Richard

£11 might cover the postage to sent a gear lever to the guy in lewisfoto's link above :)

That is quality.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back