Wookiee's 1990 Marin Eldridge Grade (now up for sale)

Re: Wookiee's 1990 Marin Eldridge Grade

wookiee":27mvq7ol said:
Think I am going to put the DX chainset, STI gear/brake levers and front mech from the Bear Valley on to the Eldridge. and I also have a HG70 cassette and M735 XT short cage rear mech that I think will add a bit of class to an already classy ride! So it looks like the remainder of the Bear Valley will have to be sold off as I can't justify having two bikes that are so similar :( That and I need to pay for the Eldridge as I'm moving house on Friday and there is money pouring out of my account at the mo! I will be keeping the semi slicks from the BV and maybe the saddle I don't know yet... once I have moved I'll have a better idea. I have an operation on my wrist on Tuesday next week that will put me out of the saddle for a month at least so it will give me a good chance to sort out what I want to keep and what can be passed on

Took the Eldridge out for a longer blast today and the dreaded creaks started in the BB so it looks like I will need to change that out...again I think I'll opt for a cartridge BB with the fit and forget mentality! I can't be doing with the maintenance required in the original one! :roll:

Anyone interested in anything from the Bear Valley (apart from the items I mentioned that I'll be keeping above) let me know before I put it out to the masses. It can be seen here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=249198&p=1868420#p1868420

"I'm Marin til I die, I'm Marin til I die, I'm M-A-R...and I and N, I'm Marin til I die!" :LOL:

Doug

I might take the wheels from the BV if they are a reasonable price Doug... PM me when you have time bro ;)

Nice list of upgrades Doug.. very similar to the 'grades' I made and they'll definitely make it feel more special.. it'll also shave a few lbs off which is never a bad thing. Re the BB, does it not just need tightening up? Mind you for 15 quid a UN55 would save a lot messin' ;)

Looking forward to seeing piccies of the final build :cool:

Good luck with the op and the move big man........ just make sure you're set for Mayhem!

"I'm Marin til I die, I'm Marin til I die, I'm M-A-R...and I and N, I'm Marin til I die!" ... love it!

good call on bottom bracket, the adjustable ones are ok if in top nick and, you have the tools.

Nice to read you have given the eldridge a run out.

"I'm Marin til I die, I'm Marin til I die, I'm M-A-R...and I and N, I'm Marin til I die!"

:) bloody right!!! i've wasted far too much time on DBR's, oranges, and even...bianchi (tell nobody) ;)

The 1992 pailsades trail is next in the breach and it's gonna get a real beating. the 200gs cantis aren't too clever but everything else works fine.

I will keep looking for zolatone to stash behind the other 'potential rides'.

nice addition to the collection doug, nice pics ;)

marc.

Hi guys

Thanks for all the comments...moved house yesterday and am all in the new house! But no Internet till Friday! Doh! Think I will switch out the Bb for a un55 just because I'm a lazy bastard! Rich ill pm you about the wheels from the BV. I have my wrist op on tues so will be off my bikes for at least 2 weeks! :(

Very nice wookiee. Have you considered using thumb shifters? I've got them on both my Marin's and Klein.

little markie":17illoqm said:
Very nice wookiee. Have you considered using thumb shifters? I've got them on both my Marin's and Klein.

To be honest I don't have much experience of thumbies...only ever had them on 1 bike (raleigh mustang and I think they were shimano tourney!)...I do like STI's but maybe thats just because its what I am used to...

well what i need is somewhere to post it to, dont worry im not a wierdo just looking for someone who would appreciate something and your the winner :), Im not saying what it is that would spoil the suprise. (its not a team titanium so dont get your hopes up)

Back