Show us yer FSR's

bigmick":9f7vih65 said:
Elysarian":9f7vih65 said:
(New to the forums, be gentle with me!)

I managed to pick this up for £30 on Ebay a few weeks ago and was searching for any info I could find on it (Always wanted a decent FS bike but never really had the opportunity until recently, started on a mid-range steel rigid and had a fairly heavy Falcon FS for a while until it got stolen)...
rockhopper fsr 2000 would be my guess

That confirms my guess :)

So far I have all the bits assembled, just missing the front brake, pedals, chain and rear mech - everything else is ready to go.

teethgrinder":s6vbimbv said:
Please - turn the banjo round on teh front brake!
Doh! I thought it looked a bit odd. At least it's on the correct side of the caliper! Anyway cheers for the tip, want to give the front one more bleed so will change it round today.

I'm a "disc virgin" too, having previously only owned bikes with canti bosses & no disc mounts...

Been forced into it on this build though as the front forks have no canti bosses - tried installing the IS to post adaptor that came with my (cable-operated) Deore caliper before I worked out that it's supposed to mount directly to the forks! :facepalm:

I'm assuming that I won't need an adapter there as I'll be fitting a 160mm disk when it gets here.

Latest parts to arrive are a Ti bolt to replace the (bent) suspension mounting bolt, the disc brake caliper and a 10s chain (which I'll fit once I recieve the XT dyna-sys mech).

Elysarian":gy7ci9k0 said:
I'm a "disc virgin" too, having previously only owned bikes with canti bosses & no disc mounts...

Been forced into it on this build though as the front forks have no canti bosses - tried installing the IS to post adaptor that came with my (cable-operated) Deore caliper before I worked out that it's supposed to mount directly to the forks! :facepalm:

I'm assuming that I won't need an adapter there as I'll be fitting a 160mm disk when it gets here.

Latest parts to arrive are a Ti bolt to replace the (bent) suspension mounting bolt, the disc brake caliper and a 10s chain (which I'll fit once I recieve the XT dyna-sys mech).

get a build thread up in the MTB 1998---> section - people on here like a good FSR build thread ;) you going to leave it naked and shiney or coat it/sticker it?

I'm liking the silver/black mix right now, by the looks of the few chips of original colour still in the crevices of the frame she used to be white but if I were to go with a colour it would likely be purple :)

As for stickers... I may get some, seen sets on a website for around £15

I'll have ot gather the bits together and take pics of the build to start a thread

Back