Raleigh Activator, £10 donation to the WWT and it's yours

spike3

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View

As you can see I'm a 1991ish Raleigh Activator 1. My first owner chose me because of my glistening metallic flec green/blue paint that simply dazzles other bikes. However, over time my paint has lost it's sparkle so I need a new owner to love and polish me. That's not rust on my seat-post it's period oxidisation of steel. I do my best to enable you to sit comfortably but unfortunately my seat bolt is rather loose so you'll have to excuse my constantly slipping saddle.

I'm more than just a pretty lady though and when I was new I came with 21 Shimano gears and despite being over 20 years old my gear shifters still feel as crisp as the day I was bought, I even have the still have my sticker on my front derailleur, yet despite this I really do need some oil and a tune up.

My party piece though is my super shiny chromed suspension forks, if you really hit a curb hard I might move them for you just a little bit to prevent chronic damage to your wrists.

Unfortunately my previous owners were a little tight fisted and so my tyres are not very good, they are a pair of Chinese Cheng Shins and my rear tyre is bald just like the old man that used to own me.

If you feel you could give me a home I'd be most grateful if you'd give my current owner £15 and wrap me up in your shed. Ps. I will need collecting

Re: I'm a Raleigh Activator and I need a new home

I'm in North West Staffs near Crewe, just off the M6

Re: I'm a Raleigh Activator and I need a new home

Wouldn't you get more than £20 if you weighed it in? :LOL:

Re: I'm a Raleigh Activator and I need a new home, for £15

Okay £20 was cheeky, how about £15

Re: I'm a Raleigh Activator and I need a new home, for £15

Ok this isn't working, so the price is now a £10 donation to the Wildlife and Wetlands trust.

Re: Raleigh Activator, £10 donation to the WWT and it's your

Go on, make a sculpture!

At this rate I'll put it at the top of the drive with a £5 sign and one of the local scallywags will probably nick it.

spike3":1y6x8g4u said:
At this rate I'll put it at the top of the drive with a £5 sign and one of the local scallywags will probably nick it.

It would take more than one! :LOL:

Back