2005 Specialized SX Trail...poll for repaint colour added

What colour should I repaint the bike?

• Baby blue

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Lime green

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters
Re: 2005 Specialized SX Trail...poll for repaint colour adde

They are indeed. Even though I'm converted, I'm not sure that I could bring myself to pay full price for one. Luckily my BFe is too diddy to ride anywhere, so the temptation fir another one is removed!

I've decided that I'm going to replace the SX.

Partly because the repaint, decals and a bearing change is going to cost loads partly because if I'm honest it is a tad small for longer rides and partly just because I want to. I'm in the position at the moment were I can afford a new frame so I've thought sod it and put a deposit on something (it should land in the country this week and be with the shop early next week).

Although I always said that new full sus bikes were too expensive, I demo'd this bike at the weekend and fell in love. I'm also getting a reasonable deal with some money off plus a headset and axle adapters for my rear wheel chucked in.

I'll be sad to see he SX, but I'm equally excited about the new bike.

Five????

Scrap that! you said landed in the country.... Orange wouldn't be flying from anywhere lol

Nope...a bit sillier than that and not from these shores! It's black, long low and slack.

I'll post a thread up when I collect it.

I'm intrigued..... I'll keep my eye open!

Still not got my new frame yet due to an issue with the shipping of the batch of frames my frame was due on.

It is however timely because there is an issue with the head tube of my SX; I don't think it's flared because its so thick but the top headset cup is slightly loose and can be pulled out and pushed in by hand. I've tried three other cups with the same issue so I'm wondering if the internal faces have worn some how. The headset hasn't been loose because I check it a lot so, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to what has happened. I'm going to try something like a Pig Pro which has a deeper fitting to see if hat works.

Sounds odd that does mate! Although I do remember with the patriot I was able to push the top headset cup in by hand (took a lot of force) I too fitted a pig pro headset and that was a better fit! Sounds like yours is much looser than that though?....

It's very strange and I'm totally puzzled by how it's happened. It's definitely not flared; the head tube is super think and is reinforced top and bottom to stop that happening. It's also the same head tube as Demo 8. It was fitted properly with a headset press and was snug when being fitted.

I'll get a Pig Pro to see if that helps because I always remember them being hard to fit. I could do with being able to sell the frame on to help pay for my new one! Which landed in the country yesterday and will be with the bike shop tomorrow, so I'll be collecting it first thing Saturday morning ready for its first ride Saturday afternoon.

It will have been delivered to the shop today, then its off to Invisiframe to get one of their kits fitted (they're only down the road from the shop and it means I can save myself loads of time). I'll be picking it up first thing Saturday, getting it built ASAP and heading straight over to Cannock for a shakedown ride.

Back