Show us yer FSR's

Well no matter anymore, someone else beat my bid. Although I did take some measurements and I don't think it's possible with the stock link since there isn't a lot of room between it and the shock.

In other news, got my decals today! Brand new from 99 still in the package

Decided repainting the frame was too much work since it would just chip anyways. Just buffed it so it would be glossy again. Now I just need some matching tires :p

lowslowandold":tup2tci2 said:
whats the widest tyres people are running on there fsr? currently i have some really old tioga's on there 1.95, will 2.1-2.2 fit? looks close on the rear frame?

It is to a certain extent dependant on how agressive the tread is - 2.1 Tioga Factory DH will not fit.

I ran a pair of 2.35 IRC Kujos which were fine until i rode through mud. Zero mud clearance. I've yet to try anything from a different manufacturer. Ran some 1.95s with obviously no issues.

Finally getting the FSR near to the standard required. Got a new to me Fox Vanilla with bushing kit from BETD in there and the Hope E4s hooked up and working well. Still a few things to do but she felt very nice up the mountain this afternoon. I'll almost certainly get my ambitions mixed up with my capabalities soon and end up in the emergency ward again but for now.......

Attachments

• IMG_0358.JPG
    IMG_0358.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 2,156
  • IMG_0360.JPG
    IMG_0360.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 2,156
  • IMG_0361.JPG
    IMG_0361.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 2,156
(New to the forums, be gentle with me!)

I managed to pick this up for £30 on Ebay a few weeks ago and was searching for any info I could find on it (Always wanted a decent FS bike but never really had the opportunity until recently, started on a mid-range steel rigid and had a fairly heavy Falcon FS for a while until it got stolen)...

rockhopperFSR.jpg

Only issue I found with the frame was one of the rear shock mounting bolts was badly bent and in need of replacement - I've already found a suitable Ti one on ebay for a reasonable price.

The same evening I came across these to go with it for £70 (The're a set of almost mint RockShox Darts):

Rockshox.jpg

Currently in the process of building into a complete bike but due to a purchasing error on my part (I picked up a Deore crankset for £30 that turned out to be a Hollowtech 2 which came with the surprising bonus of an XT 10sp 11-36 cassette) it's not exactly going to be "retro" when completed :oops:

I've built a wheelset from a pair of Mavic XM117 rims XT front and Deore rear hubs (found out my wheelbuilding skills are still up to scratch even without using them for about 15 years) and have sourced an XT Dyna-sys rear mech (lightly worn and a bargain at £20).

Currently waiting on delivery of the mech and disc brake for the front (I'm sticking with V-brakes for the rear unless I find a cheap sharkfin).

I will post pics of the completed bike when I've got the rest of the bits (need chain and pedals to complete plus a pair of SPD shoes as I doubt I'll be comfortable on flat pedals offroad).

Future upgrade will likely be a better rear shock and I'll keep looking for a sharkfin ;)

Elysarian":3v1t4gf8 said:
(New to the forums, be gentle with me!)

I managed to pick this up for £30 on Ebay a few weeks ago and was searching for any info I could find on it (Always wanted a decent FS bike but never really had the opportunity until recently, started on a mid-range steel rigid and had a fairly heavy Falcon FS for a while until it got stolen)...
rockhopper fsr 2000 would be my guess

Latest posts

Back