RetroRoadRide Series - Rd 2: Peak District ~ 05/05/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
im out guys, the wifes at dermatology ward previous day and pending results doubt ill be riding after

ededwards":2zs4r954 said:
drystonepaul":2zs4r954 said:
Ed, I can store a bike for you up here if you can't fit it in for the journey down to London.

Thanks Paul, I'm sure that something can be worked out one way or another although at present I have a mild case of dysentery so my mind isn't really on anything other than toilet proximity - it's been like bleeding an old radiator a dozen times a day since Monday.

Ed, it wouldn't be a road ride if it didn't involve you squatting by the road side while a family drives past open mouthed at what they are witnessing.

Seriously; MTFU.

I am definitely not going to be able to make this. For some reason I thought the ride was on the Saturday. Vinia arrives back at 6 a.m. on Sunday 5th so there is no way that I can collect her from Heathrow and make it to the Peaks ride. I am a complete moron although will not come as a revelation to many.

Shame really, as I was planning on re-enacting the Lemond/dirty peach incident with Paul. Nevermind, I'm sure that I can save that for another time.

ededwards":9b0jyecu said:
I am definitely not going to be able to make this. For some reason I thought the ride was on the Saturday. Vinia arrives back at 6 a.m. on Sunday 5th so there is no way that I can collect her from Heathrow and make it to the Peaks ride. I am a complete moron although will not come as a revelation to many.

Shame really, as I was planning on re-enacting the Lemond/dirty peach incident with Paul. Nevermind, I'm sure that I can save that for another time.

you will be missed ed, and i just got myself a new cycling hat,and there is no way your are borrowing it

Very tempted, My road bike looks retro, it was built as a flat barred road bike for commuting with disc brakes, it's a mix of road, MTB components, the frame is a boardman hybrid(karma), planet x cromo forks, compact chain set with a 9 speed MTB rear cassette, it is modern but very unique.

I suppose it would get me out on my first retro road ride

Attachments

• slm hybrid.jpg
    slm hybrid.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 659
Yepp, the more the merrier. Can't be any worse than Daj's electric yoghurt pot (and a fraction of the price to boot :)).

Might have to lose the dork disk though ;)

ededwards":g3c3l6tg said:

I went to a book reading by Richard Moore last week - guess which bit he read !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back