BIGFOOT Smokestone 1993 (now NeilM's)

Another update.

A slight excess of builds recently means that the poor Bigfoot has been sadly under utilised, so it's off to a new home :shock:

Not too far though and not out of the family either, as I am giving it to my daughter for the twenty something birthday present.

So, a couple of alterations to suit the new owner: Shimano STI shifters and SPD pedals, new grips and no bar ends.

DSC_0348_zpsfdd5fc2d.jpg

DSC_0349_zps2d53e4eb.jpg

DSC_0353_zps0d5547d6.jpg

We may end up changing the saddle too, to a more girly suited model, but the bottle cage will stay with the bike (as it has no bottle bosses).

As Kt is a regular retro rider, expect to see Biggie getting used and abused in aftermath photos.

NeilM":3sr7pe97 said:
As Kt is a regular retro rider, expect to see Biggie getting used and abused in aftermath photos.

Sadly there aren't any national Retro Rides near us this time around, or are heading for the Dean ?

FoD is one of our favourite playgrounds and Kt was one of the riders at the British Steel ride last summer (what summer?) on her C16R.

We try to get to as many Midlands and South West rides as we can, but it will be her choice whether she rides the Orange or the Bigfoot.

One thing is for sure, if she's on the Biggie, you won't be able to miss her :cool:

Tc":7m6hwjtd said:
Looks great Neil, she's a lucky girl :D

Tc

Yes she is, but worth it.

I can't believe how much better it looks without bar ends and with those red grips.

Sent some photo's to Graham Foot, he thinks it looks great and really likes the colour.

After the 'skoda' comment on the BS ride I am surprised that you're bothering with a birthday present!!

BF looks great BTW :cool:

Re:

nevadasmith":3axw72fu said:
After the 'skoda' comment on the BS ride I am surprised that you're bothering with a birthday present!!

BF looks great BTW :cool:

She is her fathers daughter :roll:

Nice to see I'm being talked about, FATHER...

Rode him for the first time today and got on really well with him. Just took him for a couple of laps of Leigh Woods with a full female cohort on a variety of retro (and retro-ish) bikes which seemed to be a bit unconventional aka we're not all men on full-sussers. He turned a lot of heads! Although that bottle cage is a waste of time riding trails as it launched out on the first decent sized hump. And the brake levers were too short for me to be able to reach them from where I had my hands which was... interesting! But a minor change should solve that in no time.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    19.5 KB · Views: 157
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 157
Back