Frame Identification

titch__16

Retro Guru
Got this a couples of weeks back, no idea what it is. Any help on brand/age/value please :D
IMAG0178.jpg

IMAG0176.jpg

IMAG0177.jpg

IMAG0179.jpg

The fork crown looks quite distinctive with those circles engraved. However, the font on the decals and the initials that make up G P H suggest it might be a Geoff Hughes from the Wirral? However, don't take this as gospel, it is as equally possible it isn't!

I really like the forks, that's why I got it. Unfortunately the stem is stuck, it turns in the steerer but won't pull out. It's been (badly) brush painted so the decals have been replaced. BB is stamped with 25023 8, 2799 and 271.

Sounds like you will have to hacksaw off the stem, remove the forks from the bike and take it from there..............not sure the forks match the frame.

Ah! just twigged, if the stem turns in the steerer then undoing the bolt should bring it out leaving the "wedge" in the forks. Have you given the head bolt a firm "thwack" to try and disloghe it? I guess so

Shaun

Could do with detail pics of seat cluster, bottom bracket, head lugs etc. It looks continental to me, perhaps Italian, have you checked the head and bracket threading? Also the hugely crimped chain stays were not commonly used in UK except by large makers, who were unlikely to use that crown.

Don't know why but when the pic first popped up I thought Coventry Eagle with different forks.......

Shaun

I've taken the stem bolt out, doesn't want to come out though. I can't get the left crank off yet so can't measure that. Left cup is Campag, not sure of right. Chainstay cable stop seems a bit different;
IMAG0190.jpg

IMAG0193.jpg

Back