Any information on Romani bikes?

Captain Vimes

Retro Guru
Hi

I have just refreshed a Romani bike that was in good condition and is now in very good condition!

CIMG6664.jpg

CIMG6670.jpg

CIMG6667.jpg

CIMG6668.jpg

I would like to know a little more about Romani if there is information out there. My brief Goggleing has not revealed very much at all, although one member has already sent me info regarding the UK importer in Doncaster and I have found out they ceased trading in the early '90s.

Many thanks in advance, and I am loving this forum!

Vimes.

From velospace.org:

"Romani founded by the brothers Rodolfo and Gaetano Romani
and entered the cycling business as a small framebuilting company in 1924 based in the town of Sala Baganza in the province of Parma, Italy. Despite its long history and evolution it never became a widely known company for two reasons:

a) They manufactured mainly bike frames and rarely whole bikes.

It was a big frame builder, however you rarely saw many bikes
with the Romani name on them because over 80% of their production was third party frames. Literally any bike shop in the area of Parma/Reggio, Emilia /Modena that had a shop branded line of bikes would have bought from them if they did not build in house. Road bike frames like Piemme, Ghidini and other are in fact Romani. They also built for many exporters. Like Paolo Alto USA., Faglum Racer in Sweden etc. Their quality was quite good and always represented a good value for your money."

Hello! I have some informations about Romani's frames factory.
My grandfather, Gaetano, really start the activity in 1924 !!
My father, Rodolfo, continued the activity from 1950 with his brother called Mario, and from 1983 i came in the factory.
The production, unfortunatly, in 1990 was finished.
I'm very happy to see that someone remember our production and our frame.
In my next message i will attach some photos, if you agree.
Thank you
P.s. : excuse me fory english not so good! :D

Gaetano Romani (the third)
Italy

Gaetano.Romani":31rnk3do said:
Hello! I have some informations about Romani's frames factory.
My grandfather, Gaetano, really start the activity in 1924 !!
My father, Rodolfo, continued the activity from 1950 with his brother called Mario, and from 1983 i came in the factory.
The production, unfortunatly, in 1990 was finished.
I'm very happy to see that someone remember our production and our frame.
In my next message i will attach some photos, if you agree.
Thank you
P.s. : excuse me fory english not so good! :D

Gaetano Romani (the third)
Italy

Benvenuto Gaetano!

Se vuoi, puoi sempre scrivere in italiano e ci sarà sempre qualcuno che si occuperà della traduzione.

Re:

It's an old topic but I own one Romani ,so maybe someone will be interested. I have it for about 3 years by now , seen a lot,about 3 crashes (rain + Kenda tires ...) I bought it for more or less 85 Euros .
Poor old school shimano derailleur in the back ( kinda broken ) ,front is ''just ok''. Fork,spokes ,chain and seat stay are covered with chrome and still good looking. Breaks ,pedals -shimano exage ( working really fine ).
Handlebar - ITM . Seat -Selle Royale.
I want to give a new look to this bike ,so I got new white Shimano break handles ,and soon new seat post , crank arms . I will also buy some Campagnolo derailleurs .
Photos are not the best,but you know...I'm not a photograph !

http://pl.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2gvn ... _E0TYF5Ok4

http://pl.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2vww ... _E0v4F5Ok4

http://pl.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5ls2 ... _E1CYF5Ok4

Back