Voodoo Bizango frame £50 bin

How many voodoo's do you have now charlieboy ?

Apart from a slight weight penalty the erzulie frames and steel hoodoo's have a cracking ride, i tried the above, and a modern wanga and even got my erzuli copied in Ti, but steel still rides the best...for some reason.. :D

I used to blast it down the trails in Wales ok, i'm sure i could feel that top tube flexing upwards at times, the good thing though is there is little sideways flex when you waggle the bars, something that really bugged me with and earlier Cove handjob........

greenstiles":1pxza4up said:
I used to blast it down the trails in Wales ok, i'm sure i could feel that top tube flexing upwards at times, the good thing though is there is little sideways flex when you waggle the bars, something that really bugged me with and earlier Cove handjob............it's just the case of getting a good correct length fork, i would go with a TB project 2 in 410mm to make it come alive and play with stem angles and lengths......and stick a strip of moto x protective tape on the lower part of the down tube to save small dings....it's good fun going down a trail.........i just like a slightly stiffer rear end for climbing.

( the Salsa forks were a touch too stiff for such a light frame, the TB project 2's are lighter and more forgiving ;) ) perhaps your gonna go for a short travel fork ?)

YOU KNOW GREENY I HAVENT GOT A CLUE, oops , im a tad worried confused perplexed about it being a 19.5, c-t, but then 16.5 centre to centre and top tube lenght seems fine.
Im sure that my other two voodoos are not 15.5 c-c with a 3 cm extended seat tube , but then maybe they are, i know they are about as big as i like to go in frames though.

i think the upwards flex must be in your head you know, the humungous down tube should stop that. Again it is very similar to my cove handjob with zona tubing and a big tear shaped down tube, i certainly do not find any upward flex in that.

thinking cheap carbon components, you know exotic and the like. I do have some tb p2s, but just imagining the aesthetic puts me off. I could spray them black but then they would look like the later tb p2s so havent a clue.

how did you find it size wise?

My hand job had Nemo tubing......before they went beefier (to stop flex and be stronger) i used to be a Cove dealer.

As i recall the prototype you have bought which i owned for a while has a longer seat tube extention than more modern voodoo's. It was a few years back, but i like to give people the right measurements when i sell something, so they were the measurments i took when i sold it on.

So sad the last owner changed the paint, it was in nearly perfect origial condition when i sold it him.

I hope you have great fun with it, it is unique.

Funny how vague Joe Murray is sometimes. Musing with Phil about what the age of the frame might be, why didn't he just ask him what the serial number was? FWIW, and with all due respect to Joe, it shouldn't be earlier than 2000 with that cable routing.

Back