XTR M900 freehub spacer SORTED

paddlingpool

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Does anyone have a XTR M900 freehub spacer, mine has split and hence the cassette is still loose when fully tightened.
It's the silver spacer that sits right next to the hub flange. Thanks

Re: XTR M900 freehub spacer

Marc its not, it's more like the 3mm spacer that sits in an 8sp cassette.
But they fit tight when on.

Also as use on m737 on m950 hubs. It was to protect the ALU cages...

Yep, Fluffy is correct. Here is a picture of what I'm after for clarification:-

DSC02836_zpsecb3cddb.jpg

found one.
width, 3mm.

O.D 39mm...I.D 34mm.

This was taken from a XT750 freehub body. the freehub is seized solid so, this is a spare really til i get a new freehub. one that i'm sure won't require this spacer.

still want one?

Attachments

• Photo0143_001.jpg
    Photo0143_001.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 198

marc two tone":16yl40tb said:
found one.
width, 3mm.

O.D 39mm...I.D 34mm.

This was taken from a XT750 freehub body. the freehub is seized solid so, this is a spare really til i get a new freehub. one that i'm sure won't require this spacer.

still want one?

The spacer on my M900 wheel has also split, it's 2.54mm thick and 34.85mm id.
I took mine off cos the bearing has had it, I didn't notice the split till I pulled the cassette off. The seal had a chunk missing and that side had water in it. Is the bearing race in your knackered freehub any good Marc?

marc two tone":2o3t71g4 said:
found one.
width, 3mm.

O.D 39mm...I.D 34mm.

still want one?

Yes please Marc, what do you want for it?

yep, must be the one, i've pm'd you mate. my calipers measure to nearest mm. The hub must have had a XT cassette on at some point as the spacer has always been there..?..

Lovely hubs the XT750's but freehub body's dry out and wear quickly. I can loose the spacer as i won't be tinkering with the wheel or the bike it came off for some time, next year sort of thing.

cheers.

Also i had a snoop round the internals on all the axle set-up. generally knackered! pitted cones and filthy everywhere! never known anything like it. then again, never known a cold wet winter like that one either. just a casualty of a 6 month winter i guess. :shock:

Back