Hello

storey

Retro Newbie
First time on here so I thought I'd introduce myself (and hopefully I have put this post in the right thread)

I'm Ian and I found the forum as a result of trying to figure out what to do with two "mature" bikes I have (a 96 Jamis Diablo LE and a 96 Marin Bobcat trail that I'll post about seperately)

Found my way to hardtail/ hardnose mountain biking in 1996 after I got tired of getting punctures on a really vintage Holdsworth road bike.

Now riding North downs/ around Kent XC on a full suspension Felt Virtue 2 that I have built up (2007 so not quite retro :D ) - I came to the conclusion about a year ago that, while good and light, the ability of the Jamis and the Marin to absorb the bumps for MY aging frame wasnt quite the ticket for a weekend ride.

Looking forward to talking with you all (even now I have loads of questions)

Ian

widowmaker":1n40t368 said:
Hello - enjoy your stay with Retrobike :)
Cheers - having now been corrected by my wife I have made some ammendments to when I started riding and also the age of my mature bikes ;)
Ian

Hello Ian

Welcome to Retrobike please observe the following five rules very closely

1) Give full control of your wallet to you wife (I know this may sound daft but now you are on here it will be cheaper trust me!!!!!)
2) Move all the money in your account to a savings account where you can't have access for 28 days
3) Burn all your credit cards
4) Post lots of nice bike pictures
5) Most important of all HAVE FUN!!!!!!! :D :D

:LOL: :LOL:

Mark :D :D

Back