Re: Klein Prototype

A taste of the build kit....

Attachments

• adept_build_grid1.jpg
    adept_build_grid1.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 708

Clean up part 1 > degrease :

(ps - no paint made any contact with driveway surface!)

Attachments

• adept_build_grid2.jpg
    adept_build_grid2.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 706

Trying to think of something smartish to say? Rare, beautiful, and I want it. Adept bye name and nature I'm no Klein pro but I know that's a special thing.

Edit I've so many questions I'd like to ask about these bikes but I'll wait and ask away when you've built and ridden if that's ok with you? .

Thanks for interest guys. It might not be to everyones taste a simple 'hybrid' like this, but I am pleased as punch as you can probably tell.

Will give final clean/polish to fuselage this weekend, then there will be a delay in proceedings while i source and build some 700c (29er!!!) wheels up....

Bpool77":vxy0jb8c said:
Trying to think of something smartish to say? Rare, beautiful, and I want it. Adept bye name and nature I'm no Klein pro but I know that's a special thing.

Edit I've so many questions I'd like to ask about these bikes but I'll wait and ask away when you've built and ridden if that's ok with you? .

Ask away sir!

Just a few for now till its built up then, as for some reason I can't get into the catalogue?
Have these got the boron ( it is that on adroits?) on the frame and forks?
They take 700c wheels don't they?
So that would make it a hybrid? Or are they cyclocross?
As its stamped prototype that would make this very special?
Thanks and looking forward to this one a lot.

Hi

It would be in the 92, 93 and 94 brochures I think.

700c wheels indeed (same size as a 29er basically, although the frame won't take a wide 29er tyre - watch this space on that one however!!)

No Boron on the Adept (although I like to think mine might have being a prototype and all!! - but probably not!). It carried the Adroit larger downtube (2 inch), Pinnacle rear dropouts, MC1 setup up front and a slightly slacker geometry when compared to the 'racey' Attitude/Rascal/Adroit etc.

Bike was pitched squarely at tourers, off roaders, cyclocross or commuters (quoting their 93 brochure) - so a rather mixed up jack of all trades, which is why the bike appeals to me. Some reckon it is a posh hybrid, others a forerunner for todays 29er movement.

Stamped 'Prototype' is special in my eyes, but at the end of the day is just a stamp on one of the rear dropouts. Whether this adds any special provenance, value or cache, I don't know, but it's special to me as I say. I know of only one or two other Adept prototypes out there. Eitherway, I will be riding it whether it were a prototype or not. I can't really tell if it being a prototype has any redeeming physical differences to a main stream Adept... for instance there are a few Attitudes out there with zipgrip seat binders which offer a visual difference to your normal product run Attitudes and therefore add cache for some (me included).

Thanks for your interest dude.

M

Just read through all the catalogs not enough info haha your is a 21"? With 30.9" stand over height how tall are you? Barnfeilds got one to I really like these.

Back