The Frog and the Mongoose (Update 2013)

Nice build, you have done the frame proud - glad its worked out for you. I agree that these are under rated frames, Ritchey tubes and all that!!!

Let us know how it rides, I never had the pleasure :cry:

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Lookin' good there, Kermit. Picture 3 is particularly interesting....... I like the Avid disc brake on the front and V on the back, so you keep a matched pair of levers. I like your funky perspex block! And i like the happy cat in the background...........they've always got to muscle in somewhere! :LOL:

Here's one of mine - she's always got to get in on the act

Golden Stumpy 009 by Pablo's Feet, on Flickr

Thanks for all the positive comments chaps :D

Hi Lester and welcome to the site ;) Yes it is a Ritchey logic WCS prestige sticker you spy

Neither have I had the pleasure of a full ride yet but just round the block it feels very nimble and whippy :D

Yes kittys do tend to get everywhere that one is my neighbours and he is very very very clingy :LOL: The brakes haven't bedded in yet but I think when they do they will be very nicely balanced :D The funky perspex cube is actually a Ferrero Roche container :oops: :LOL:

I can't believe the frame was just 40 quid, looks great :shock:
Agree with other posters, don't see enough of these, underrated by what little I know.

I think you've done a great job. What size is it out of interest? Head tube looks tiiiiiiiiny!

Cheers Superstu

I know it is unbelieveable value for such a lovely frame :D

The size according to Mongoose is 16.5" which is c-c with c-t being 18" and as you say the most tiny headtube at 3 & 3/4" just for reference the forks fitted were cut down for an 18" c-t Giant XCT with an integrated headset :shock:

Re: The Frog and the Mongoose

So the journey was even longer and harder than I had at first thought ;) Now though I think I am finally seeing journeys end :D :D

Will put a fully revised spec sheet up tonight but wanted to post a couple of pics for now ;) :D

Attachments

• IBOC detail 3.jpg
    IBOC detail 3.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 177
  • IBOC detail 2.jpg
    IBOC detail 2.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 177
  • IBOC detail 1.jpg
    IBOC detail 1.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 177
  • IBOC.jpg
    IBOC.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 177
Mmm tasty goose. :cool:
Much prefer the new look with the red and blue anno plus a White Ind chainset - my favorite !

Back