1994 Rocky Mountain Altitude

Progress :cool:

But far from the end result... Finally I sourced a good set of wheels (thanks Tigern!) with minty M900 hubs and NOS Araya 395XC rims, these suit the frame pretty well. I added a set of nice new skinwall tyres, 1.95 Tioga Wonder Dawgs, together this set of wheels are really looking well.

I'n not too happy with the Mag21 crown, the original SL version I had was too short so I sourced another one which is unfortunately too long and the wrong year (93). I had to use a few spacers to get it all properly set. I didn't cut it to correct length as I probably trade it for a proper one.

What else.. The Syncros stem looks nice but I think a RaceFace (ti?) stem should match I think even better. Brake levers I'm not entirely sure of. Seat collar I will change for a golden version I got from a very friendly fellow RB'er. Headset is a temporary one as I'm hoping to receive a gold/mango coloured version somewhere soon (any news RockyMtn? :) )

What about cranks? I have a set of Ritchey Logics but I think I should stick to Canadian RaceFace or Syncros on this build.

P1010725.JPG

Thanks Ringo! Yes, gold RF Turbines should really add something to this bike.... I've been looking for them for the last two months.... nothing comes by :-(

But I'll find them for sure.

First real ride today. 50 km with retro friends in the Netherlands. The bike is an absolute delight, very racy despite the slightly higher position of the stem. There was some abuse today but the Altitude took it all without a single complaint. My upper thighs though are still glowing....

As for the setup, I had a simple set of Shimano cranks mounted, a proper set of RaceFace cranks still haven't found my doorstep.

DSC_0977.JPG

is that frame too small for you??? you seem to have a LOT of seatpost length on that. do you have a safe amount of the seatpost inserted into the frame past the junction??? don't want any avoidable problems happening to that lovely frame you got! ;)

Thanks guys! And I deeply appreciate your concern re the seatpost length :) I can assure you there is a safe amount of seatpost still in the frame, just enough to cover the crossing with the other tubes. It's on the max though :)

Back