A bit weird sorry.

My mother has had cancer, lost her nose but kept her eye. She has a new clip on nose now. 12 months after she had the op she found out cancer had spread to her throat. Had an op to get rid of glands cut her half way across her throat. Then found a bit more so cut her throat the other half.

She had now been given the all clear but will have regular check ups.

When we found out about the cancer to start off with all the family were shocked. However I believe that my mothers positive frame of mind has helped her through it. We now call her the Terminator.

You will be amazed at the NHS nowadays, and I'm eternally grateful for the wonderful staff at New Cross at Wolverhampton.

So chin up and keep on fighting.

I wish you and your father all the best.

Matt

All the best to you and your dad sounds like he will need you to be strong too and support his fight
as everyone here has said you are in with friends here and we will try and support you too

All the best Steve.

As others have said, you're amongst friends here and Retrobike is one of, if not the friendliest forums I've been a member of. You need your friends more than anything in difficult times, so keep logging in, keep your chin up, and keep the fight going :)

Stick arround mate you will get some good advice of the great people on here ;)
ive managed to kick the big C twice .. it aint over till the fat lady sings as they say
best advice i can give is stay positive makes a BIG difference :D

Mick :D

RobMac":1fld1l0f said:
Jones":1fld1l0f said:
Not sure why I'm even typing this as I'm sure 99.9% of you wouldn't have noticed if I'd just stopped coming on here,

Steve thats bollocks stay right where you are your amongst friends which you'll need at this time ;)

BTW you said your dad "probably" has stomach cancer lets just wait and find out for sure then if he has WE can kick its arse :twisted:

Words from a ex cancer sufferer :)

And another ex-cancer patient here too... ;)

A day at a time, lad, a day at a time.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, a few days after I posted this I had to have my first dog Leon put to sleep so it was a pretty shitty week.

Its looking a bit more positive for my father and he's starting treatment on Thursday, I think the fact their going to start fighting it has made us all feel a little better.

Still feels like everything is on hold at the moment but cycling and running is keeping me sane, I decided I could either sit in a corner and destroy myself with booze or go out and destroy myself training.

So I've entered Tenby and Snowdon marathon and training like a mad man, did 94 miles off road running around Gower last week so I'm hoping to storm around Tenby next month.

Thanks again for all the support its much appreciated.

Cheers
Steve

Back