Salsa Horsethief

Tell me the FireX cranks and (even worse) the GXP BB are only temporary?

I remain to be convinced by the purple bars... I know they were a bargain, but still!

zigzag":3mh4klty said:
I remain to be convinced by the purple bars... I know they were a bargain, but still!

That's exactly what I was thinking and the saddles kinda border line but once his fat arse is on it you'll no see it :LOL:

Cheers chaps :D The cranks are temporary. I'm trying to decide between

SRAM_XX1_SF_MG_8439.jpg

and

10101_shimano_xt_hollowtech_785_chainset_crank_L_1.jpg

XT with a single ring (XX1 type), still not sure what to go for. The ones on just now are to get an idea of what chainring I want to use and to see if the 175mm length is OK (I've been reading a bit on crank length).

Purple bars are marmite I guess, the idea was the the frame is a bit muted and the colour really hard to do anything with. I reckoned I could add a mix of ano to brighten it up, I've still loads of black on it which lessens the effect. Maybe a pair of gold bars would work better?

looks great kaiser, a nice mixed custom spec building a quality bike. are you running tubeless?

perhaps food for thought regarding your gearing, I've had a few minor hill days with the santacruz and have been surprised how much time I've spent locked in 36 sprocket on the granny ring

cheers g.

dyna-ti":2fvudhze said:
I think you should fit the XT and sell me the sram.

Ha! If only I had both, no I'm going to buy a set and looking at both pics again SRAM looks like the favourite. G if I go SRAM its quite easy to go 30 or 28t on the front.

Back