Arrgghh children

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I'm lost my son has been training in Scotland with the Marines for 3 weeks with a word how does one cope when their children are nowhere to be seen. Oh god I'm a lost parent :)

How do you cope if your left at home and your child is away

Alison

I'm staying with my daughter and the son in law and after 6 weeks of building work on their recent new purchase home..I remembered why I was glad when she left home

enjoy the silence

suburbanreuben":bbt04hso said:
I put my feet up and enjoy the peace and quiet.

Yup - me too :D

Don't get me wrong - I will do anything to help the blighters out, but FFS just geez a few moments peace :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

.......and the ability to listen to my own music :twisted:

Isaac_AG":897okgop said:
How do you cope if your left at home and your child is away

Alison

Karen and I cope only too well now that our kids have long since left home. I think it's called having lives of our own again :cool:

highlandsflyer":2p086x7v said:
What a bleedin' racket they have been making all over our gaff. Tell them to keep it down Alison.

Sorry :oops: They're back down in Plymouth now so your safe.

On the way up to Scotland my son had to drive large military vehicles that only went to 40 mph and it took 12 hours driving on the first day and 8 on the second, a couple of breakdowns on route, that must have exhausting.

Alison

I drove an old campervan down to my relations near Land's End for the surfing and music festivals and back up to our croft near John O Groats several times as a youth, it certainly is a challenge! You are only young once though, and those experiences will be looked back fondly as the years go by.

Huge exercises are often on up here, we get used to it just like the tanks flying across the road down in Wiltshire! I sailed very close to an exercise whilst navigating around Cape Wrath many years ago, we had a shell explode pretty near us, I have a photo somewhere.

:)

Back