Miyata Century

ragnar1984

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
The bike came with a full Shimano Deore XT group. The saddle is a special edition Selle Italia Turbo with gold plated details, to match the gold plating on the bike's lugs. The handlebar and stem are a Trimble Roo one-piece composite combo. The rims are Ritchey Vantage Comp and for this photo, I put on the original Ritchey tires.

I bought it new in 1990. In 1992 I replaced the original Tange Hi-Ten fork with a Rock Shox Mag 20. At the same time I switched the Deore XT pedals to clipless ones from Look. I have also upgraded the brakes to Deore XTR. I still have all the original parts though, so I can restore the bike to it's original configuration if I want to.

Attachments

• mc5www.jpg
    mc5www.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 2,691
Yes, he will. But it is his own fault :twisted:
It was my Googling on the bike that led me to his posts here on this forum. So if he hadn't posted here I wouldn't have found this site and wouldn't be here either...

No, serious now: I like to see it :D You do not see them much around. When I got my 1st it took me several years to find out whether it was real gold and to see another popping up. I think this is the 2nd proper built, proper condition Century I see up.

Very nice.

Reflectors

Elev12k":1cp6i8un said:
[jealous mode on]nice reflectors![/jealous mode off]
Yeah, they really are the icing on the cake, aren't they? ;)
It's a legal requirement here in Sweden, it carries a hefty fine to ride without them.

I think I have seen you on Sveavägen one time, or was it Slussen, I have seen two other Century here in Stockholm.

Oh didnt knew about the new law about reflexer.. fyfan, ännu en anledning till att inte börja cykla igen :)

Back