Large (60cm) Blue Gents Town Bicycle, Raleigh Esprit 80s

Status
Not open for further replies.

cunning_bison

Retro Newbie
An absolutely lovely vintage Raleigh bicycle. I'm really fond of it but it is too big for me! Ready to ride. Someone is going to love this bicycle!

I've ridden this bike around town a fair bit and it is really fun to ride, and can get up to a fair speed too. Please study pictures to get an idea of condition. There are a few small scrapes to paint, but any rust is very minor.

MORE PHOTOS HERE:
http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/cunni ... sort=2&o=0

SPECS:

-Head-turning shade of metallic blue. A really good looking bike with flying bird details on the tubes.
-It is a larger size, about 59 or 60cm seat tube, so for someone 5 foot 7' (170cm) or over I'd say.
-I've cleaned the bottom bracket, regreased and refitted it with a torque wrench.
-Original cottered Raleigh crankset, 170mm, in good condition, no movement
-Rear wheel is a Raleigh chromed 700c, no rust, with 5 Speed Cog. The front is a fantastic lightweight Mavic Ma2 700c with quick release wingnuts.
-Bassano racing saddle in very good condition with no rips.
-Raleigh forged handlebar stem
-vintage bell (working), lyotard pedals
-chain is running well. At the moment there are 3 gears running, as the cable needs a bit of tensioning- I'm not knowledgeable about gears so something I don't want to do myself but will be very simple.
-New brake pads

Any questions fire away!
Bike is currently in Bloomsbury, London

Attachments

• P18-04-13_17.06 smalled.jpg
    P18-04-13_17.06 smalled.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 1,098
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back