Saved from an abusive home!

No mate, Caustic soda, does a great job and takes seconds but it's dangerous though!

Put enough water in an old pan to cover the parts you're trying to strip add the caustic soda stir add the parts leave them in for about 10 seconds take them out, dunk them straight into cold water and scrub the hell out of them with normal kitchen foam scourer making sure you rinse it all off.

For god sake don't do what I did the first time and leave the parts in to long as it will dissolve ali parts. I ended up with a raceface turbine which looks cool but is unusable.

that fork looks ace.

look forward to more progrerss

edit, just seen the date of the last post! what has become of this?

I'm looking forward to seeing more progress too but a combination of work commitments and my wedding coming up in less than a month (combined with boiler packing up head gasket going and nightmare tenants) has left me with little time and very little cash.

I have sourced matching 24 and 26" 80's Araya rims and cleaned the hubs up ready for the wheel rebuild and I've fitted a NOS 80's polished Tange headset too so I'll add some pictures of them in a bit.

Can't see me having much bike building time until after Christmas now unfortunately, Unless anyone comes up with a posh polished mid 90's flat bar and XTR 952/3 rapidfire+ as I'd pull a sicky to get the killer V fnished! :LOL:

Ahh man they're perfect! I'm going to have to have a bit of a NOS and shiney bit sell off to fix the mrs car and if there's any left over get a set of these.

Good spot mate, saved me from the halos.. . . . which I've already bought.

Back