GT STS - And so it begins...

Well, the headset is in, thanks to my grandad's woodworking vice :cool:

I've also fitted a different Super Deluxe shock which has all the dials present and works properly ( thanks ba57ards :D )

Just need the forks back now... Aaaaaaargh the wait is killing me!!

Honestly don't think I've seen one without the alloy bit round the head tube. Looks lovely. Following this build with interest.

EarlofBarnet":dr7k4iey said:
Honestly don't think I've seen one without the alloy bit round the head tube. Looks lovely. Following this build with interest.

The alloy headtube lugs were a feature on the earlier STS frames. I think they switched to the reinforced thermoplastic one from '98 onwards because it was stronger and the earlier frames had a problem with cracking. I don't think it looks quite as nice though - it almost looks as if the aluminium lug is missing!

In other news, THE FORKS ARE DONE!!! :D :D :D

They're on their way back to me today, so they'll be with me tomorrow. Just in time for the weekend.

Get in.

Bet you can't wait to get it built and ridden. I'm looking forward to seeing the completed pics.

Mindmap3":3l91glqc said:
Get in.

Bet you can't wait to get it built and ridden. I'm looking forward to seeing the completed pics.

I'm proper excited. I think this is actually the first "ground up" build I've completed. Usually I either get bored or skint (usually skint) halfway through so end up selling the bits on :oops:

Forks should be dropped off today and I've already got an evening pass from SWMBO so that I can get out of dog walking/dish washing duties to build it and hopefully go and ride it!

Well, it doesn't look as if the forks are going to be delivered before 3pm today, which is when I finish work :(

Which is basically THE single most frustrating thing in the World..! The one part I need to complete the build and the bl**dy courier is mucking about delivering them..!

Well, lo and behold, the forks DID arrive today after all.. Literally just as I was leaving work!

So I've been busy in the garage. I've just emerged, with this :D

IMAG0332_zps3e46b211.jpg

IMAG0333_zps7184a719.jpg

IMAG0334_zpsf2df791a.jpg

IMAG0337_zpsbadd68d0.jpg

IMAG0338_zps6c2ede9f.jpg

IMAG0339_zpsaf3c1e11.jpg

IMAG0340_zps84df4a80.jpg

There are a couple of small bits left to do, such as shortening the brake hoses (which won't be done straight away) and blanking off the rear canti mounts, as well as finding some longer cable ties to secure the brake hoses as I'm currently using 3 tied together :oops:

I'm very pleased with it though - it feels very solid and very quiet. Well, quiet until you freewheel that is, then the Pro 3 rear hub comes into it's own!! CLICK CLICK CLICK!! :D :D

Back