The GT STS Thread Members Bikes and Tech Info

dq13":1aaypa77 said:
It's a wall display. No way to fix it

I have to agree with this I'm afraid. It also looks like the thermoplastic has started to degrade around a couple of the lugs (pictures 5 and 6), which is never a good thing :(

If it's cheap, buy it, clean it, polish it and frame it :cool:

You can probably sell the rear shock if it's in good working order underneath all that s**t!!

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

I thought about getting it an framing it after a good clean and polish, but I am not very sure I'd sell the shock, because it just belongs in there. The guy wants a trade and I must figure if the kinda minty Marzocchi Mr. T plus this one equal my VGC '04 Fox Float in value.

My Fox is advertised for circa 180 EUR, while he wants for his Mr. T around 90 EUR. He said he'd sell me this frame for 35 EUR. I will wait for a sign from the guy.

Thanks again!
Mx

I wouldnt pay even €35 for that.. Its so worn and ugly and cracked it wont be worth the effort to grind and polish it back for display condition on the wall.. Save your money..

I am pretty convinced that I will get it, one way or the other. I only need to get some feedback from the seller on other things that he has. I don't want to act very interested, as this is always bad for negociation.

I will come back to you on this one!

Mx

Might be worth having for a set of seat and chainstays given the chainstays' propensity to break. Keep an eye on ebay, half frames come up all the time, I just bought a clean '97 LTS-DH main triangle for $25AUD.

Back