So which Raleigh MTB is worth having? (Activators n/a)

the Raleigh Max cro-mo frames are actually quite fun to ride (the red or yellow cro-mo frames from the late 1990's).

raleigh%20max%20red.JPG

The Max Cromo series of the mid to late 90s were superb bikes with excellent cro-mo frames. Very underrated but real giant killers that punched well able their weight in terms of design and performance. I regret selling mine Very badly.

White Lightnin' or a Moonshine do it for me and not just the neon paintschemes :D

They have a very purposeful XC racer look to them, all skinny tubed and angular. My White lightnin' can out turn any of this modern rubbish on snakey single track :D

Another vote here for the Montage :)

I have a 1990 minty green one that my folks bought me new way back when. Reynolds 501 frame, alloy rims, indexed suntour 18 speed gears - it's really smooth to ride and not too heavy.

Steve.

3stonesteve":14vcit3n said:
Another vote here for the Montage :)

I have a 1990 minty green one that my folks bought me new way back when. Reynolds 501 frame, alloy rims, indexed suntour 18 speed gears - it's really smooth to ride and not too heavy.

Steve.

Was thinking of selling mine,but if I manage to clear out all my boxes of bso stuff and bikes ,this may be a keeper I would probably regret getting rid
:)

The best Raleigh MTB.............The Maverick of course. It's the Original.
I love mine, its my best ride that I own for chilling on and riding around the lake with the kids, pure bliss. Bike snobs just stare at it, no doubt laughing under there breath, they just don't get it.

Attachments

• Good front end.JPG
    Good front end.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 1,567
I had a Raleigh Cajun in about 90/91 I think, bought second hand. Was a great looking bike with a white to turquoise to dark blue fade paint job. I forget the groupset but was thumbies and biopace, possibly mountain lx or exage mountain (it was a long time ago). 531 frame and forks. My first ever proper bike, though not my first Raleigh (seem to recall a striker and a milk race special, possibly a budgie too??).

As for your bike, sounds like a purple montage to me, or a purple mustang?

ishaw":aq5zwhth said:
I had a Raleigh Cajun in about 90/91 I think, bought second hand. Was a great looking bike with a white to turquoise to dark blue fade paint job. I forget the groupset but was thumbies and biopace, possibly mountain lx or exage mountain (it was a long time ago). 531 frame and forks. My first ever proper bike, though not my first Raleigh (seem to recall a striker and a milk race special, possibly a budgie too??).

As for your bike, sounds like a purple montage to me, or a purple mustang?

Cajun was the 89 replacement for the Chinook and was exage trail, mate who used to ride with me had one the other a technium chill. Basically the same frame as my team.

Carl

Back