So which Raleigh MTB is worth having? (Activators n/a)

For ROAD use, you couldn't go wrong with the MT4 set up as I have here with rigid Pace RC30's.
All you need to do is change the tyres to some semi slicks (Wildgripper Sprint S?)
And put a different road biased cassette on.

The bike's very light, lovely to ride
(ignore the low seat, it had been removed to be cleaned and took the pic as soon as I put it back - I'm taller than 4'6")

photo_copy.jpg

I don't think Raleigh had much of an MTB range until 88, before that there were several levels of maverick none were purple and the early black/white mustang, with the Ozark and avanti in the lightweight range. In 88 things got more serious with the new mustang, maverick and maverick GT, then Memphis, montage and mirage. None were dark purple, the Memphis was lilac. Mirage went purple in 1990. That's where my knowledge ends.

Carl

Apart from noisy brakes,the montage is a nice ride ,with smooth suntor xct accushift and ovaltech

Unfortunately its gotta go to make space for 3 more quality builds (not activator) just need to take the fluro stuff off and convert back to standard:)

Attachments

• IMAG0849-2.jpg
    IMAG0849-2.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 546
  • IMAG0846-1.jpg
    IMAG0846-1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 546
Ive got into the rsp's from 99-00 two at the mo but that number will grow im sure of it any how

Rsp 250

Rsp300

Neither are correct but the 300 rides like a dream off road and my gulf inspired 250 is a whippet on road. They are both keepers :D

Latest posts

Back