Cycling In The News: Daily Politics

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
Chris Boardman and Norman Baker talking about cycling on the roads and helmet wearing.

Ooh controversial! Boardman decrying the need for helmet wearing!

interesting, Im no doctor but someone posted here that they fell off and they cracked the helmet. If he wasnt wearing one would that have been enough energy to crack his skull? I realise the helmet debate has been done to the death (lfgss have pages on it) taking personal choice out of the equasion of course, but isnt it a simple matter of energy transference? i.e. the force has to go somewhere right?

Whatever the arguments are for or against helmets, Boardman should not be striding out on his own when representing the pro cycling lobby. He is an example to the youth, and should be thinking more deeply about the issues. When challenged about not wearing a helmet he mentioned how many suffer head injuries every year whilst walking, and claimed cycling was thus 'safe'. Why on earth he thought an arbitrary fact somehow supported that view I cannot fathom.

Mr. Boardman, thousands more die each year choking on their dinner than swallowing swords.

Didn't see it but sounds like I agree with Boardman. Helmets are for helmets.

Let's have a helmet debate.

OK
Chris-Boardman-MBE.jpg

That was just 2 EZ

Back