Bike of The Month April 2013 - The Poll

Bike of The Month April 2013 - The Poll

• Biglev's Breezer mk1 replica 2013 (faux 1976/7)

Votes: 46 18.9%
  • racer x's 1996 Dagger FS

Votes: 42 17.3%
  • Tigern's 1993 Klein Adroit Mardi Gras

Votes: 24 9.9%
  • rumpfy's Yeti C-26

Votes: 50 20.6%
  • humanois1989's 1992 Kona Cindercone

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Rob Atkin's 1994 Kona Kilauea

Votes: 34 14.0%
  • Stumpjumper1990's 1994 Specialized Stumpjumper M2

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • Raidan's 1994 Brodie Sovereign

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • SYN-CROSSIS' 1992 Klein Attitude Backfire

Votes: 20 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like the YETI!

Great build thread. The restore has class in a bright obnoxious turn of the decade kind of way. The colors tie together well and bring back so many fond memories. Then the rarity of the bike itself. A C-26! Part selection are spot on and correct. Everything is so fresh. Watching the bike go from a overlooked barn find back to it's original glory is what it's all about. Sweet top shelf project.

sinnerman":1zaywgvy said:
If this had been built in California right now rather than just off the coast of England, you would be getting praise left right and center.
From who? Any examples?

halaburt":1srm91bv said:
sinnerman":1srm91bv said:
If this had been built in California right now rather than just off the coast of England, you would be getting praise left right and center.
From who? Any examples?

Well I wasn't referring to yourself Halaburt with your Pocket Size, your "fleet of bikes" and your "guest fleet" of bikes........ ;)

Perhaps my comment was based on that lovely generous level of camaraderie I experienced when I have been in California, riding...... :cool:

hollister":2gvfvs6y said:
That was a backhanded compliment if I've ever heard one

Indeed, but then I did expect a little more from Hlaburt if im honest.

Still a compliment it was.

:cool:

Dont usually comment on the internal ramblings and head-scratching that I go through in choosing my BoTM vote.... however this month.......

The Breezer could have got it purely on the basis of sticking it to the purists who seem to do nowt but moan.... good effort!
The Breezer could also have got it for exactly the reasons Carl gave above... that being sticking to the original "If you dont have it, Make it" attitude

Rob's Kilauea could have got it on the basis of its reuinion with him, and all the love and hard work he lavished on it in restoring it, and would have got my vote without question were it not for the fact that......

.......I go weak at the knees at the sight of that Brodie!

As nice as the Kleins are, they always seem a little pretentious to me (sorry!).

The Dagger gets my vote this month, but it was VERY close between that and the Kilauea :cool:

Back