Bike of The Month April 2013 - The Poll

Bike of The Month April 2013 - The Poll

• Biglev's Breezer mk1 replica 2013 (faux 1976/7)

Votes: 46 18.9%
  • racer x's 1996 Dagger FS

Votes: 42 17.3%
  • Tigern's 1993 Klein Adroit Mardi Gras

Votes: 24 9.9%
  • rumpfy's Yeti C-26

Votes: 50 20.6%
  • humanois1989's 1992 Kona Cindercone

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Rob Atkin's 1994 Kona Kilauea

Votes: 34 14.0%
  • Stumpjumper1990's 1994 Specialized Stumpjumper M2

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • Raidan's 1994 Brodie Sovereign

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • SYN-CROSSIS' 1992 Klein Attitude Backfire

Votes: 20 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All the bikes are up to the usual standard this month, and without exception all are well "assembled" and well presented.

This month is a bit special for me, in that I don't think I have ever been as impressed as I am this month,

Anyone can collect parts and "assemble" a bike, anyone can paint or have a bike painted, its not hard, and yet to be fair it takes skills to get it right, the ride the look etc etc etc.

But.......Not everyone can "build" a Mountain bike frame from scratch with little more than some drawings.

I don't think there is a bike that has been entered into a BOTM competition since I have joined, that epitomises that whole ethos which surrounded the early mountain bike, like the "BREEZER TRIBUTE".

Bitd in California, if you didn't have it, you made it, you went to your shed, you scratched your head, and you got on with it.

For me this was the birth of the mountain bike.

BigLev, you did it mate, you didn't have it, you could never get it, so you scratched your head, went out to your shed and got on with it.

If this had been built in California right now rather than just off the coast of England, you would be getting praise left right and center.

If there was ever a compliment that could be paid to one of the Founding Fathers of Mountain Bikes,
this "Breezer Tribute" is it.

Hats off to you mate, I wish I had your skills, I really Do......... :cool:

The Breezer has definitely earned our respect. Beyond question this is a fantastic job, but I think there are many guys out there that can do the same
...but I hope not. The sense of this hobby is just "bikes of the time" .

Dagger FS for me :D

The Breezer is beautiful, really nice build and I really love the 'Replica' concept, deffo worthy of recognition in its own right. However one build that kept me coming back was the 'Dagger' love the concept, choice of parts and Lamborghini detailing really demonstrated that old can meet new seamlessly to create a fantastic end product, retro, unique, classy, and different, gets my vote this month :)

Hats off to the Kona's deffo worthy of a shout out this month also :)

Sorry Klein's, still not getting it :( maybe one day.

SJB7810":2epgpcwl said:
Robs Kona Kilauea sweeeet

Thanks!! It might not have the bling name like the others but its been 2 or 3 feet in the air at least at the weekend. :-D Big smiles all round for me!

I do like the C26 as its an original one. Lovely!

Rob Atkin":140tk7cu said:
SJB7810":140tk7cu said:
Robs Kona Kilauea sweeeet

Thanks!! It might not have the bling name like the others but its been 2 or 3 feet in the air at least at the weekend. :-D Big smiles all round for me!

I do like the C26 as its an original one. Lovely!

all nice bikes, practicality wise yours is spot on for riding today still and looks slick even by todays standards.

goodluck :LOL:

Love the Breezer rep, the ultimate in bike building is from scratch :cool:
Love the Dagger but a little too much bling for me :oops:
Got to go for Robs' Kilauea as it's a great bike & a great story :)

sinnerman":2bqt3a8t said:
I don't think there is a bike that has been entered into a BOTM competition since I have joined, that epitomises that whole ethos which surrounded the early mountain bike, like the "BREEZER TRIBUTE".
Bitd in California, if you didn't have it, you made it, you went to your shed, you scratched your head, and you got on with it.
For me this was the birth of the mountain bike.
BigLev, you did it mate, you didn't have it, you could never get it, so you scratched your head, went out to your shed and got on with it.
If this had been built in California right now rather than just off the coast of England, you would be getting praise left right and center.
If there was ever a compliment that could be paid to one of the Founding Fathers of Mountain Bikes,
this "Breezer Tribute" is it.

Wow! For the first time in three weeks those little voices in my head that kept saying "But its not Pre 1997?!?" have stopped.

My vote can now be placed and I can sleep well tonight.

How much do I owe you Doctor Sinnerman?

I'm loving the Backfire and the M2.

Have to say though - fantastic month and props to everyone who entered.

Back