Argghhh!! The Polish panto butcher has bought a DRILL

JWestland":2gqxioub said:
"True, these days it's all about flashy print graphics...you can't pantograph crabon :D
Who says you can't panto' a carbon frame? You can here is the evidence
smiley-laughing014.gif

picture_zpsacdf6130.jpg

I know where there's a panto machine available for sale..........................

Probably very cheaply too.

And David B - is that a Faveley?

Old Ned":uxuvu4hx said:
I know where there's a panto machine available for sale..........................

Probably very cheaply too.

And David B - is that a Faveley?

I think it may be an AEI cross-arm type (although the photo is marked Vulcan Foundry and I'm sure the Class 83 locos they built used Faiveley pantographs).

David

Ian Raleigh":1hvixab5 said:
JWestland":1hvixab5 said:
"True, these days it's all about flashy print graphics...you can't pantograph crabon :D
Who says you can't panto' a carbon frame? You can here is the evidence
smiley-laughing014.gif

LOL :):):)

Well done panto IS quite nice I have to say. Must have been the advertising of those days, instead of flashy graphics. I went a bit nuts and got some panto stuff for my Ciocc. Now the whole world cannot miss the brand. I am a free advertising billboard! ;)

TGR":t4c2c7tf said:
Is the machine still operational as a pantograph machine?

From what you infer, a CNC could be used to panto parts - is that correct?

Richard

Yes, Richard that is correct,pantographs were used for reproducing a shape from a master patten, with engraved names on bike parts many parts can be reproduced from one master, we haven't used it for tooling for about 20 years. All that kind of work is now done on our CNC machines, as can the work on cycle parts be done on CNC in a fraction of the time it would take with the pantograph, our machine is still in perfect workin order. My mother in law used a pantograph when she worked at a ship yard in Pula, Yugoslavia in 1955 engraving name plates for the various places around the ship I have a picture of her at work using the machine at the ship yard, I will see if I can find it.

Attachments

• Nov 1955 at Uljanik Ship yards Pula.jpg
    Nov 1955 at Uljanik Ship yards Pula.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 307
Back