What a complete prune

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
My hubby went to work by bike this morning on his GT at 06:15 as usual at 07.00 he returned, one because he had left his desk draw keys at home and then before he left by car he said the frame of the bike was broken, damn, I thought, that's the only road worthy bike in his size that we have.

I looked at it after he had gone and it has split where the seatpost goes, almost completely sheared off, then I noticed his seatpost is at least an inch higher than the recommended hight :shock: he's bust it by putting too much strain on the weld, what a pillock :roll:

Have you done anything quite so daft and completely buggered something up?

Alison

Yep, I forgot to properly tighten the stem on a bike when riding in Spain the ride was going fine till I thought I'd jump off a little drop, when I landed the handlebars twisted and I face planted the floor, the resulting crash also snapped of a brake lever and cracked the bikes headtube. :(

T'boo Ted":t92kyu6x said:
So it wasn't really his size then?

It was a bit small, but he had been doing fine on a shorter seat post, when that broke we got a longer one. It's actually our son's bike, my hubby was using it while his normal steed was out of action now we need to sort that one out as it costs the earth him going by car.

Alison

Guitar106Music":3bn2u1mb said:
What's wrong with his bike, an easy fix?

It just needs a chain, cassette and seatpost I think but we are utterly skint this month :(

Alison

You could always ask nicely on here for bits you might need, we're a generous lot!

What bits do you need exactly?

Back