Which Frame Should I Build Up?,

I would go for the shogun. Looks in good nick and has interesting cable routing.

I would keep the stem, but lose the risers

The Saracen. It won't give you a trouser tent with excitement by even their cheap frames of that wee were well made, light, strong, with well thought out cable routing etc. it'll be as capable as either of the others, but is a bit more low profile, less likely to attract he light fingered. As a daily workhorse it makes most sense.

Sorry to disappoint the Shogun fans but i just don't think i could live with the colour,

looks like a toss of a coin between the Marin and Saracen :|

Found an old picture of me on my Saracen back in around 1993/94, the course was at Boston Manor Road, London when Viking Wheelers were running races.
What ever happened to them, Google doesn't seem to throw up any links?

Attachments

• Viking Wheelers Race 94.jpg
    Viking Wheelers Race 94.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 256
sproket_jockey":hr3egvdd said:
Found an old picture of me on my Saracen back in around 1993/94, the course was at Boston Manor Road, London when Viking Wheelers were running races.
What ever happened to them, Google doesn't seem to throw up any links?
ha! I used to race there and at the grapes when the roadies were on the hayes bypass before they opened it and the off roaders were at the back in the field

The sprint across the field and then down to the canal, have fond memories of this track as this is where i first got into mountain biking, a switch from BMX racing. I remember a lot of the guys racing there were roadies and would get off to go down the drop in the picture, Ha Ha :p

Live in High Wycombe, South Bucks and mainly ride around the Chilterns, the odd trip to Swinley Forest and further a feild.
Have been over to Woburn Sands but a few years ago now to the dirt jumps.

sproket_jockey":q7xur5dq said:
Sorry to disappoint the Shogun fans but i just don't think i could live with the colour,

looks like a toss of a coin between the Marin and Saracen :|

Great diversity of opinion on this thread, which is a great thing.

I'm just the opposite, one of the things I really about bikes from this time is the vibrant use of colour. I find the mass produced modern stuff in black and matt grey so boring.

Give me a 3 colour fade, multi colour splatter, or even a nice turquoise any day :D

Latest posts

Back